• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

OK HI,I HAVE TO 12IN PUNCH HX2S AND I DUNNO WHAT AMP TO GET THERE ARE SO MANY OUT THERE I WANA GET SOMETHING THAT IM NOT GONNA REGRET WHEN I INSTALL IT AND HAVE SOUND LIKE A SHITY BOSS AMP LOL I WAS THINKIN BOUT A ROCK1000.1BD MONO AMP??

MY SUBS A DUAL 2OMH SO I WOULD HAVE TO WIRE THEM DOWN TO .5OMHS RIGHT?IF SO CAN AMP OUT THERE HANDLE THAT?? YOUR INPUT AND ADVICE IS GREATLY ACCEPTED

you can run your subs at 2 ohm i dont remember how but i know you can. as for an amp i would go with a rockford bd series or a jbl 1200.1 they are both pretty good for them . im gettin the jbl to power my two dual 4 ohm punch hx2s. hope this helps

the bd is a good choice for the hx2's. i believe if you wire in series and parallel you maintain a 2 ohm load with two dvc 2ohm speakers.

+ of amp to a + terminal of each sub

- of amp to a - terminal of each sub

then connect the remaining + and - of each sub to each other(on same sub only)

that should maintain a 2ohm load, though i'm not for sure if it is called series/parallel. hope that helps.

someone tell me if i'm right?please

Yeah your right you can keep it a 2 ohm load if you wire it in a series. But if you wanting a o.5 load yes run it in a parrelel. +s to +s and -s to -s. And so on to you amp. Now as for amps i would definattally go with the RF amp you metioned should really beat the hell out of those subs and is a very good amp maybe try the 1000.1 those are Hx2 and dont wanna overpower them subs.

so i should wire my dual 2omh subs in series 4 max out put on a rockford1000.1?right? how do i wore series? +to+,-to-??

No explain one last time ok if you wire it in a series you keep you can keep a 4ohm load which is easier on the amp but if you want max wire it parrleel wire all the plus togather and all the negitives togther on the subs and bridge the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.