tundra speaker help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
2016 Toyota tundra crewmax Space is very limited for a subwoofer setup

Head unit that I will be using is the JVC KW-Z1000W, It has some decent features that should work for me to not have to buy a DSP.

I am open to amplifier options.
I have looked at the Orion XTR 1000.4 it is rated at 165W X 4 can buy it for $240
or use the orion xtr 500.4 rated at 90wx4 can buy it for $132

I am looking at using a set of Alpine X - S65C found some for $500

for the subwoofer I am looking at a basic shallow mount supb10 inch. I would like to keep the subwoofer cost to $150 or below
Pioneer had some good reviews on some truck forums $110 for their TS-A2500LS4.
Amp for the sub should be able to keep it to 500w or less for a shallow mount. Plenty of options for $150 or less

With just the equipment cost
With the shallow mount sub in mind
If you had a budget of around $1000
for the components
amp for the components
sub
sub amp
what would you use

are there better options than what I am looking at for the money?

Ok

lets try this way
with 100wats per. Channel

using a 6 1/2 lower door speaker
and a tweeter in the sail panel

if Your budget was $500-$400 what would you use?

budget of $300-$400 what would you use?

budget under $300 what would you use?

headunit Can run active so if buying separate woofers and separate tweeters is the best option I am ok with this also

just the second part of the build

only the 6 1/2 and the tweeter

using a amplifier at 100wattsX4
running active from the head unit

with a budget of $500-400 what would you recommend for a mid and tweeter

with a $400-300 what would you recommend for the mid and tweeter

with a budget of $300-$200 what would you recommend for the mid and tweeter. I would assume this price range would be a budget build using a set of massive CT2 tweeters and pair them with the silver flute 6 1/2

I plan on having this truck for a while so I do not mind spending more on the speakers if it is worth doing so. How much better sound quality can be had by spending more if need be.

If it was me and there was a sub going in then I would do an active 3-way setup in the front doors
So trying to stay with in your budget
Crossover:
https://www.woofersetc.com/c-164-pr...-audiocontrol-pre-amp-equalizercrossover.html
Amp:
https://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-ampl...4-class-d-4-channel-full-range-amplifier.html
Speakers:
https://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-sp...ass-isn-series-component-speakers-system.html

That should come with in $10 of your $1000 mark but all dependent on the fact there is a sub going in.

Really not wanting to go the full 3 way up front just yet if I do not have to. Was hoping to be able to use the EQ and DSP functions in the JVC z1000 head unit. It actually has a lot on it.

With the advice I received on caraudio.com I have a 3 way system in my sons mustang running a dayton 408 dsp. with 6 amplified channels and a sub amplifier. It sounds good

But I do not know if I want to run a three amplifier set up just quite yet in the truck.

What ever I go with I was going to make it easy to go from a 2 channel front stage to a 3 channel front stage with minimal effort on the upgrade on the install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.