Need to Replace DD aw3 - Suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jaxteller

CarAudio.com Newbie
DD made a 3" midrange about 4 or so years ago. The aw3. Don't quote me on specs, but I want to say it was 80 watts to 250 at 4 ohm. And if I remember correctly, I only paid like $300 for the pair. Well sad face me, DD doesn't make the aw3 anymore. This 3 inch was a bad azz little woofer, especially for the money. Unfortunately, I can't change the space/woofer size. It has to be a 3". The amp running the 3's is an ARC KS 300.2, so I'm running a solid 100/150 watts at least to speaker. zero gain, and I have db pulled down quite a bit in DSP. At any rate, if anyone can suggest a 3" at 4 ohm that can handle 100 w rms that won't break the bank, then I would feel like I found a unicorn.

well I'm going to answer my own question. LMAO. I'm going to go with dynaudio esotan mf 171. $300 a pair, and run at 4 ohm. or I could go with the dynaudio MD142 @ $800 for a pair!!!. And they're 8 ohm. Could even do audison. What's disappointing is that I called a few audio shops in my area, and all of them just wanted to sell me their ********. 1 guy looked at the space for 3", said a 3.5 wouldn't fit, and then proceeded to try to sell me a 3.5. I was llke........ dude, are you that high that you don't remember 5 minutes ago? Several of course recommended the high end stuff like focal, or jl audio, which I think both **** for the money. I said for the money. I would probably accept either brand for free. LMAO. So I think dynaudio esotan is the way I'll go. If anyone wants to burn my decision to the ground, and tell me it's stupid, please do so before I'm totally committed. Lol, but I think I am.

Screenshot_20210410-005142_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210410-005410_Chrome.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.