Treo SSX 15' Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

CaptainMaximus
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a dual 2ohm Treo SSX 15' in a 5ft. cu ported box in a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I am running twin Memphis Audio amps (16-MCA2004 (door speakers) and a 16-MCD1000 (sub amp)) and would love to keep this amp setup. The only problem is that even though 1K watts is moving my sub, it is clipping slightly and getting warm at high volumes after long periods of blasting. This makes me uncomfortable knowing this sub is extremely expensive. I am undecided if I am going to sell this subwoofer (no box, perfect condition) and get something a little less wattage such as an SA-15, or keep it like it is. This system sounds extremely clear and hits 143.4 dbs, I am just worried about the sub. I just put the 1k watt amp in yesterday so this has not been a long term thing(the heat/distortion). I just like taking care of my stuff and am wanting to figure out a solution for this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

****sub is 2500 watts RMS****

Sub getting warm is normal and won't hurt it. If it's starting to smell funny it's time to turn it down. Provided you turn it down when you smell warning signs you are very unlikely to hurt it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.