Top five amplifier companies?

u asked for top 5 twisted sounds gotta be in there they have a 2.8k amp that tested at 4k..
They intentionally underrate their amps to make them look better than they are. They are straight Zenon builds from a catalog.

They are NOT the top amp maker in the world... that would require engineers being on the payroll IMHO.

I need to know what amp to get for my 12” FI Q

And

I have four door speakers.

I recently learned most of the top end companies are now china crap
Just because it was built in China doesnt it mean its crap. It can be built their to a high standard, it's who designed the amp is the most important question. Take a look at your Apple products... Not one is built in the USA, Korea, Europe etc... and they make nice high end gear. But it was all designed here.

Just because it was built in China doesnt it mean its crap. It can be built their to a high standard, it's who designed the amp is the most important question. Take a look at your Apple products... Not one is built in the USA, Korea, Europe etc... and they make nice high end gear. But it was all designed here.
The problem with the good Chinese amps are the price tags. It’s uncalled for.

The problem with the good Chinese amps are the price tags. It’s uncalled for.
I'm not going to disagree with the cost on them.... The profit margins are high on those models... Especially on the non-regulated power supply models compared to the rest of the industry.

Zapco

Mmats

Mosconi

Rainbow

JL

This is based on engineering and quality. You can spend way less and get way more power reliably with Sundown, Crescendo, Twisted, DC, etc.

Probably the OP ment the best mainstream stuff

Not the Uber Expensive

Dude is trying to drive a sub anyway

Soundqubed S1-2250 $250

Soundqubed Q1-2200.2 Used in the Classified $200-300 little better quality

Skar RP 2000.1 D $230

Any of these would do fine and not eat the whole budget

Use the extra $ on extra battery

What's the deal with mmats? I know two things: 1) Expensive. 2) Claims to make amps in their own shop in Florida.
they do, you can find a vide of their warehouse on youtube. Their designs are really cool imo

there's one of their 6 channel lines thats marine grade (you can drop it in water and take it out and it'll work) and has a modular design so you can modify it to 4 channel plus sub or 6 channel or i think even 2 channel plus one or two

they use burr brown op amps in some of their amps and actually look at what components make a difference in sound. the price is just.. really high

I think the OP has dual 1's on that Q... I'd forget the Skar RP2000.1... unless he wants to smoke it or settle for less power (than at 1 ohm), either a Sweet 1.5-2K amp 1/2 ohm capable or a +3k at 2 ohm... really, IDK how hard he's wanting to push it or how many upgrades (electrical) he's willing to get. I currently use a Synergy 3K at 2 ohm with Big 3, large case GM alt, Dual 0ga wire, a single group 75 under the hood (lead acid) and have 0 issues with voltage.

Your current amp ought to work, but not push the limits of that sub.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the deal with mmats? I know two things: 1) Expensive. 2) Claims to make amps in their own shop in Florida.
Solid product, indeed made in Florida. AFAIK their sub amps are full bridge.

Just because it was built in China doesnt it mean its crap.
But most companies that buy China are looking to get the lowest price and cut every corner possible. The big names can manufacture there and actually maintain some standards, but that's like Alpine, Kicker, etc. many of whom probably own their own factory as opposed to just farming out a new heatsink for an off the shelf board.

You maniac.

Solid product, indeed made in Florida. AFAIK their sub amps are full bridge.

But most companies that buy China are looking to get the lowest price and cut every corner possible. The big names can manufacture there and actually maintain some standards, but that's like Alpine, Kicker, etc. many of whom probably own their own factory as opposed to just farming out a new heatsink for an off the shelf board.

You maniac.
I was talking about the big companies who own (Or atleast partially own) the factories in China... RF, Kicker, Alpine, Pioneer etc....

Sundown SAE series is Chinese, and preforms rather well. The price tho.. Lot of companies, like Pioneer that have 4 ch amps that do more than my sae 50.4, and costs $60 less.

Does that mean i have a higher QC built amp? or did i just pay for the name?? We may never know

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.