Audiocontrol LC2i & EQ setup help (multiple amps)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mitchc1113

Ok so I have my amps getting their signals from my LC2i. My highs amp hooked up to the Main and my sub amp to the sub output on the LC2i. I have a Massive Audio EQ7X that I want to install.

My question is is there anyway I can use both units together for both amps? The only inputs on the EQ are a main and then an aux. So I'm wondering how I can get both sets of RCAs from LC2i to EQ? From the EQ theres plenty of outputs to go to the amps, but the inputs being the problem. I'm assuming the aux input works differently than the Main input, so I couldnt just use the aux as a 2nd input for 1 of the amps RCAs?

The options I'm seeing are #1 still use both outputs on the lc2i, sending either the main or sub output to the EQ, then from the EQ to whichever amp. Then the other RCAs from the lc2i directly to whichever amp.

Option #2 . Only using 1 output on the LC2i (Main or sub) and sending those RCAs to the main input on the EQ. Then from the EQ using its multiple outlets to send signals to each amp.

Seems like I have to choose between the EQ & LC2i, which 1 will have control over both amps and the other only controlling 1. Cannot seem to think of a way to get both units control over both amps.

Finally if that is the case than what would you guys recommend? Having the LC2i send both amps their signal therefore not losing any of its controls. Or should I just use 1 output on the LC2i to the EQ and have the EQ send both amps their signals? And if this option which output on the LC2i should I use? Sub or Main?

Myself I feel as though Option #2 may work best, using 1 output on the LC2i, sending that to EQ Main input, then sending the amps their signals from the EQ. Feel like the EQ will give me more control if hooked up to both amps vs the LC2i being the 1 feeding both amps their signals.

Any and all opinions welcome...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.