Top five amplifier companies?

the back plate on the SP4 is insane looking
Fi has certainly come up with some innovative motor designs. I wonder how much any of that really buys you by way of thermal power handling really though? I've been told all those fancy "cooling" options on motors are more gimmick than anything and real world difference in power handling is negligible at best.

Fi has certainly come up with some innovative motor designs. I wonder how much any of that really buys you by way of thermal power handling really though? I've been told all those fancy "cooling" options on motors are more gimmick than anything and real world difference in power handling is negligible at best.
i dont know the answer to that either, but they sure look cool enough to mount inverted tho!!!

Hey thought to reply on this tread, Many of you have said that a well designed amp (or board) is more important then where it is made. Have some inside on this. I posted that i spoke to ZED (Stephen Mantz) few months back when i had my BA amp issue. I was up at his shop. During Chit Chat, when i asked about what was good amps or what maybe he had designed recently or what was new with him. He told me about some of the Phoenix Gold and Focal & AD Design amps he helped design. And spoke about how in past many years the manufacturing has moved off shore to places like Chine and Korea and so on. Not made much in US anymore. He told me about how he flew the China to see the manufacturing plant and speak to the management there on the amps he designed and what certain quality components he must have installed. Even commented on some of these amps come off a different manufacturing line. So there you go. So even someone like Stephen Mantz (ZED) has amps made in China but with his supervision and what quality components go inside. So maybe yes it is the design or the components that make the amp and maybe not so much the location where they are made. They could be made in Cameroon or Fiji or even Seychelles Island but, if they have good design and use quality parts, then they will be ok.

they do, you can find a vide of their warehouse on youtube. Their designs are really cool imo
there's one of their 6 channel lines thats marine grade (you can drop it in water and take it out and it'll work) and has a modular design so you can modify it to 4 channel plus sub or 6 channel or i think even 2 channel plus one or two

they use burr brown op amps in some of their amps and actually look at what components make a difference in sound. the price is just.. really high
I am sorry, but you are wrong about submerging marinized Mmats amps and expecting them to work. They are only meant to withstand moderatley damp environments and are not supposed to have any direct contact with water. Here is a link from the Mmats website:

Our marinizing process allows MMATS products to function in moderatley damp environments but they may never be submerged or be in direct contact with water. Salt water exposure is not recommended for any MMATS products as the lifespan will be severely limited.

Also, if I am not mistaken, only the amp lines above the MD series are made in Florida. The MD line and below are made elsewhere, probably China.

Hey thought to reply on this tread, Many of you have said that a well designed amp (or board) is more important then where it is made. Have some inside on this. I posted that i spoke to ZED (Stephen Mantz) few months back when i had my BA amp issue. I was up at his shop. During Chit Chat, when i asked about what was good amps or what maybe he had designed recently or what was new with him. He told me about some of the Phoenix Gold and Focal & AD Design amps he helped design. And spoke about how in past many years the manufacturing has moved off shore to places like Chine and Korea and so on. Not made much in US anymore. He told me about how he flew the China to see the manufacturing plant and speak to the management there on the amps he designed and what certain quality components he must have installed. Even commented on some of these amps come off a different manufacturing line. So there you go. So even someone like Stephen Mantz (ZED) has amps made in China but with his supervision and what quality components go inside. So maybe yes it is the design or the components that make the amp and maybe not so much the location where they are made. They could be made in Cameroon or Fiji or even Seychelles Island but, if they have good design and use quality parts, then they will be ok.
JL audio is chinese, apple products are chinese... everything is either chinese, korean or brazilian. However there's garbage from each country as well so yeah. It depends on the person putting in the order aka the business owner paying the factory if he wants to make it a quality amp or not.

I am sorry, but you are wrong about submerging marinized Mmats amps and expecting them to work. They are only meant to withstand moderatley damp environments and are not supposed to have any direct contact with water. Here is a link from the Mmats website:

Our marinizing process allows MMATS products to function in moderatley damp environments but they may never be submerged or be in direct contact with water. Salt water exposure is not recommended for any MMATS products as the lifespan will be severely limited.
I was told ******** by one of their long time dealers then

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.