Took a Trip to DIYMA and LOL!!!

Its like anywhere else,Its all about experiencing and actually experiencing for yourself from trial and error.Not everyone knows everything, and alot is always argued as well as not agreed upon.Ive found that alot generally read on certain forums and gain opinions rather than experiencing for themselves and give that information out.He said / She said/I read kinda stuff.Ive been installing since the early 80s when you had to use low level inputs by wiring direct on amps which was a time consuming effort and you had to make sure where that wire went and what polarity( of which is not done today, if so its quite Rare)and can still be done if the connectors are provided, but most days its RCAs and go on with it.Things have evolved and still do and learning by experiencing is about all the information I give out. Wheather its amps, subs, speakers, or HUs ive used brand wise personally or what I have had the pleasure to experience.majority of the DIYMA group I had the pleasure to meet in Plano were some pretty intelect and very informative people,and as anyone..You choose to gather what information you want.Just my 0.02$ Ill deff say that I dont know everything for my age and experiencing, buy I am still willing to learn..especially from those that are experiencing,and all the new technology going on..Blutooth ect

meh,.. you gotta take the crookeds with the straights. good knowledge base in the archives and recent considering excellence in clarity, but i was an active member for only a week due to not being able to stand the audio snobs and their bullshit back when ©ant collova was at the helm, which i call them out on all the time in the strictly sound quality f/b page when newbies get severely flamed instead of given constructive criticism and guidance,... totally hate that shit. dunno how it is now as i only go there for reference and specific subjects as a guest since ant banned me across all his forums when i exposed his fuckery on caco.

sq, mids highs treble, processors, tuning etc... they are fine. Just when it came to subwoofers lol..... They believe winisd is the bible too without question.
GO GET EM!!! Ever since ive come here for the real stuff, ive come to find that you are one of the go-to guys man. Thank you for always being here and imparting the knowledge thats needed for the big beats! Seriously appreciate ya man!!

yeah, i can agree with that,.. they tend to think a high output ported alignment is bad voodoo juju. wonder how they would take to my double hdc312a parallel 6th that has a flat transient between 20 and 80hz.
They got that "if its not a sealed box its garbage" mentaility.

They got that "if its not a sealed box its garbage" mentaility.
that was something i was going to align with the thinking, that and i/b setups, but obviously we're on the same page... like theyve never heard a superiorly engineered hifi set of ported 3.5/4 way cabinets or dedicated sub where the science in gist is the same, but waaaaay more involved in calculating for a flat response subjective to the listening environment, which i dare to say is possibly attributed to lack of effort and patience as i/b and sealed alignments are pretty basic to attain a quickly desired result in most applications.

however, there's a guy with an ib setup on a f/b page ive been following that cut out and baffled his rear floor pan rendering his car a large enclosure, but the work took quite a bit calculation according to him, and i tend to believe it with this video demo

GO GET EM!!! Ever since ive come here for the real stuff, ive come to find that you are one of the go-to guys man. Thank you for always being here and imparting the knowledge thats needed for the big beats! Seriously appreciate ya man!!
asskisser

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.