Took a Trip to DIYMA and LOL!!!

A lot of those guys over there have no idea how to do proper sub setups hahaha. They lack basic spl knowledge along with other bullsh*t thinking the sub will bottom out playing normal non rebassed music and underpowering their sub and have no clue what box rise is either. They have no idea what optimal loading/port sub orientation is either. Its a fking mess over there when it comes to subwoofers hahahaha. I'll rectify that.
Perhaps you can create a thread going into more details of the topics you brought up...Myself, I don't know a whole lot about ported enclosures beyond the basics and I would love to know more about the finer points. There seem to be a lot of technical aspects of the hobby most people either don't know or don't pay attention to. This forum seems to lack much of the technical discussion that happens on DIYMA.

Perhaps you can create a thread going into more details of the topics you brought up...Myself, I don't know a whole lot about ported enclosures beyond the basics and I would love to know more about the finer points. There seem to be a lot of technical aspects of the hobby most people either don't know or don't pay attention to. This forum seems to lack much of the technical discussion that happens on DIYMA.

This forum has always been more SPL biased vs SQ biased at diyma but I agree on the lack of technical discussion all over, not just here or diyma.

Literally had to do a write up of how dirty clipped power will either kill or cause damage to subs long term and the guy is adamant about saying having little power but clipped wont damage subs and then proceeds to make an example with 15 watts to a 1000 rms subwoofer... wtf... get real nobody runs 15 watt amps and clips it... A 1000 rms sub will still long term damage with prolonged clipping, it wont die then and there but it will die eventually but much faster. with a 500 rms amp you bet cha that sh*t will blow. Fking hell man these nutjobs.

All these sites are terrible now, altho most are still better than FB Audio stuff.

Diyma has always been full of know-it-alls. But at least there is good sq knowledge there. The old SSA forum used to be terrible with uptight people.

This site still has good info now and then. I try and learn as much as I can via my own hands on testing

All these sites are terrible now, altho most are still better than FB Audio stuff.
Diyma has always been full of know-it-alls. But at least there is good sq knowledge there. The old SSA forum used to be terrible with uptight people.

This site still has good info now and then. I try and learn as much as I can via my own hands on testing
SSA is great, I would know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Decent traffic and lots of good people. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.