x11eLeVeN
10+ year member

NY
Looking for: 2 12" subs which will be efficient as alt is stock

Budget: 7-800 for subs alone

Car and box type: 2004 Honda Accord Sedan...Ported built to specs

Amp: Depends on Sub

Possibilities...Audioque HD, SX, IDMAX, RL-P

Problem...cant listen to any of above subs because local shop sells only "Homemade" Subs. AM WILLING TO BUY FROM INTERNET

Other Equipment

Headunit: Eclipse AVN7000

Comps: 6.5 Morel Hybrids

Comp Amp: Orion 8002

Battery: Optima Yellow Top

EDIT: Looking for an SQL sub. Want good sound quality with the ability to get VERY loud.

Oh sorry, forgot to mention. Am looking for SQL. Want good sound quality, but I want the subs to be able to get LOUD when necessary. The only problem I may have is that the alternator is stock, and since I am already running the orion 8002, I don't know how much more the stock alt can handle.

get 2 sx 12's i have one in my cavalier it a 2.5 cubed box with 1605D running to it u get two of those and you will be bumping! i want a second but i dont think it can fit!
He said he wants SQL,If u got the money I would get the Si Mags,but to power them u are gonna have to upgrade alt.,the big and a nice battery.

ok from everything i have herd from everyone on here the sx's sound pretty good for a spl sub in my opinion, but i guess that is cause i was going from 2 jl audio w0 12's that could be why!

I am leaning heavily towards either 2 HD 12's or 2 Mag 12's which most likely means a new HO alt. Anyone have any other suggestions besides these 2?

I am leaning heavily towards either 2 HD 12's or 2 Mag 12's which most likely means a new HO alt. Anyone have any other suggestions besides these 2?
Go with the mags you wont regret it. I have not heard anyone complain about the old or new mags. I got quoted 750 shipped directly from Stereo Integrity. Just write them tell em you saw them on the forum and wanted a price quote shipped to XXXXX. They will sound **** good and be loud! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

All of these are nice: Possibilities...Audioque HD, SX, IDMAX, RL-P

Others to consider- Atomic AP/X, Dub7, Treo SSi/SSx, Adire Brahma these are all excellent drivers for SQL Atomic is more SPL...

Go with the mags you wont regret it. I have not heard anyone complain about the old or new mags. I got quoted 750 shipped directly from Stereo Integrity. Just write them tell em you saw them on the forum and wanted a price quote shipped to XXXXX. They will sound **** good and be loud! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gifAll of these are nice: Possibilities...Audioque HD, SX, IDMAX, RL-P

Others to consider- Atomic AP/X, Dub7, Treo SSi/SSx, Adire Brahma these are all excellent drivers for SQL Atomic is more SPL...
x2 on all of that. i think i was quoted 2 12" from SI at $720 and i too have not heard one bad review on it.

My only concern with the Mag is will it get VERY loud. I have heard all about its excellent SQ, but what wondering if it has the SPL that i need to go with it.

i would go with the mags, very efficent meaning they don't need much power to get loud, 500-600 a piece will get you loud enough, i have a pair of the older claw mags, and i'm feeding them about 1200 a piece, hold sq very well while having a good amount of output...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.