Too many choices

My only concern with the Mag is will it get VERY loud. I have heard all about its excellent SQ, but what wondering if it has the SPL that i need to go with it.
Lilmaniac said they have more spl than the sx's do!!! PM him for more info on the mag and sx. He ran both with the same amp I think. Just email him to get the info you want. Hope this helps.

I have decided to go with the Mags and will now have to buy a new alt as well. Now I am looking to give them about 900w each, but being somewhat new to car audio, I am confused about getting amping these subs. Do I look for an amp that would put out 1800 x 1 @ 1 ohm? or does it have to be at 2 or 4 ohms??

Here are the T/S parameters...

T/S parameters:

12"

Re: 3.5 Ohms

Fs: 30.2

Le: 3.5 mH

Qms: 4.75

Qes: .45

Qts: .41

Cms: 121.59

Mms: 228 g

Vas: 39.71

Sd: 480 cm^2

Bl: 18.35

Spl: 85.74 dB

Power handling: 900 watts RMS

good thing with the mags they don't need all 900 to wang..... if u can find a good price on a powerbass 3000d i'd jump on that, i'm runing mine at 2ohm which is 2000x1 at 2 ohm and it gets plenty loud for me....

DECISION MADE...

Subs: 2 12 SI Mags //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Amp: IA 20.1:yumyum:

Alt: 220 Amp Iraggi Alt from Group Buy

Box: Mr Marv

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.