Too many amps?

EricandKing4747

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am running 6 12's and 1 10 with 5 Amps in my crv and I'm just trying to figure how much power I can draw from my regular battery. Would buying a better battery or upgrading my alternator be my only next option? It seems like adding anything more is diminishing my sound. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Eric in Buffalo

What kind of amps and what does your electrical look like rn
I've got the 2 kicker car box hooked up to a 2000 watt planet audio 2000, a box with 2 power as 12s hooked to a P.A. Razor, an alpine type s to a alpine MTV, an audiopipe 12 to another P.A. razor, a wlldse 1o hooked up to a kicker 1200 watt and then my 6x9s and 6.5s hooked up to a PA caliber 4 channel. Just trying to figure out if I need to come up with more power that just my one battery

You have so many different thing's in your car you are getting major cancelation. You will definitely sound a lot better and louder with 1 box and 1 size sub. As for power it really depends on what you end up running. 1000+ rms watts i would recomend a H/O alternator and 0 guage ofc big 3 then at rms 1500+ i would recommend previous as well as a battery and 0 guage power ground wire.

You have so many different thing's in your car you are getting major cancelation. You will definitely sound a lot better and louder with 1 box and 1 size sub. As for power it really depends on what you end up running. 1000+ rms watts i would recomend a H/O alternator and 0 guage ofc big 3 then at rms 1500+ i would recommend previous as well as a battery and 0 guage power ground wire.
(previous as well as a battery and 0 guage power ground wire.) As in a second battery

afa9TDR.jpg

Try 1 or a matched set of subs in a built/custom enclosure on 1 or a set of similar amps, with decent power wire and watch voltage. If your voltage drops under 12v then possibly a battery and or Alt might be in your future.
Any pics of your setup?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.