To wall or not to wall. That is the ?

probably won't get enough volume out of that enclosure if only going to 1/2 of windowline. 4 18's will need a BIG enclosure.
Why do you want to stagger the subs vs being on an even baffle? Both your designs are like that.

Walls are fine for daily if you don't drive like a douche and realize backing up takes a little patience. Anyone ever drive a panel van for work, same thing, so you just learn to rely upon your sideview mirrors...
Agreed....I have a wall in my car...and i dont have problems backing up...just have to pay attention....Walls are unique....if you want it, do it. that is all i can say

Walls are fine for daily if you don't drive like a douche and realize backing up takes a little patience. Anyone ever drive a panel van for work, same thing, so you just learn to rely upon your sideview mirrors...

^^^Exactly... I have a wall by the way.

if you want to wall it, let me know, i have something in mind that i think would work really well.

if you dont want to wall it, at least make sure all the subs are in the same plane.......because staggering subs like that is a really bad idea.

if you want to wall it, let me know, i have something in mind that i think would work really well.
if you dont want to wall it, at least make sure all the subs are in the same plane.......because staggering subs like that is a really bad idea.

ok throw me that wall idea, I really want one.

I want to stagger for something different, and effect. I honestly get tired of flat boxes. I am open to about anything but flat right now. If nothing else works out then I will go flat.
there's a reason subs are normally on the same plane when building an enclosure. Different isn't always better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Do a wall as that will be plenty different. I have 4 15's in a wall in my Altima and get strange comments all the time...

I wish I could build the wall for you. Ive probably done over 2 dozen in the past 18 years wish you could come to Tenn. and we could knock this out.

Its Your vehicle do it how you want..........Speaking from experience, Ive had several walls....They are different, unique, Impressive, very loud.....What I disliked about them was I had to stick my head out of the window to back out of my driveway. If I went to a footbakl game and trying to back out when everyone is leaving is a pain in the arse, My buddy would get out of the vehicle and tell me when it was clear to back out....And I got alot of BS from the cops Some said it was illegal because I would not be able to see out of back window or hear if an emergency vehicle was coming up behind me, Also the cop could not see in the vehicle wich put Us both at danger.This was about 12 years agoAnd all the vehicles I had walls in were daily drivers/competition
ok what about box trucks? semi's? etc. they cant see through the backs. thats no excuse for them to pull on you. cops need to think about other **** before they target someone

I wish I could build the wall for you. Ive probably done over 2 dozen in the past 18 years wish you could come to Tenn. and we could knock this out.
hell yeah I live in AR 3 hrs away def a posssibility. throw up some pics

Ok I have another question. Is this a good idea?
DSC09185.jpg
because as I see it. This save a hell of a lot of space and adds extra cooling to the amps to prevent overheating and blowing. I personally do not like advertising my amps, seeing as how some people have "sticky fingers" and "want to rip out the fastest thing that is worth money." So any better ideas, the only problem I have with it is, What if the relays break? These amps will be super hot and probably will overheat the amps faster.

You can not judge how loud a system is through videos. Some vehicles flex worse than others. Some vehicles flex with very little ouput, etc... Whoever says that you lose db's with a wall is a complete idiot. I would not be looking up to Meade, or Beast from the east. Simply for the fact your system will never be that extravagant. With 4 18''s in a properly designed wall, and the power to push the subs, that shit should bang pretty damn good.

do a wall, for sure, they get all of the *****es, trust me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

also, they cann get loudd.

That is my new goal. And I may be a big part of the build. I catch on to things pretty quickly.
Off topic: How the hell do you multi quote?
to multi quote you click the little
button over -----> and down you click the ones you want they will light up orange when you get all the ones you want you scroll down and hit the post a reply button
on the bottom to the left

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.