to hifonics nay-sayers

also FYI MAXX is only in Illinois...

so any dealer there would know better than tell you he repairs the amp with warranty.. if he does he is doing it all on his own and is not authorized to do it by Maxx..

if you doubt that call up Maxx and ask John

or even better... he is on this forum, just send him a PM...

My guy is a hifonics dealer and theres a maxxsonics in Illinois and they repair them and sell them they might have told you they don't and I seen them go out at his shop time and time again I can get the name of the guy that repairs them with a 3 month warranty at maxxsonics but I'm not gonna get a guy fired over a internet debate and this crunch>maxxsonics there the same company lol but your opinion is like my opinion mine means **** to you yours means **** to me that simple.
Nobody at maxxsonics HQ is repairing amps. They are just a giant warehouse/distribution center. No repairs. If you break an amp you can either get a replacement or as sicaudio said send it to one of the authorized repair centers. I know they used to use CIA and maybe somebody else.

ty Tommy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

you are absolutely 100% correct

that is not to say this guy is full of it either, I think he is just misinformed is all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

you do know Maxx owns crunch....Autotek.....MBQuart....Hifonics...
look at my Avatar //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lolz.
Real Crunch & Hifonics amplifiers were designed & made by ZED Audio in the USA. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Also, the Maxxonics "Autotek" amplifiers aren't the same as the old white Autotek Mean Machine's.

but it also makes me wonder about the validity of the supposed "authorized" dealer he is using as well...

why would anyone pay to repair something if they live right by the maker and could just swap it for new with a whole new warranty....

Real Crunch & Hifonics amplifiers were designed & made by ZED Audio in the USA. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Also, the Maxxonics "Autotek" amplifiers aren't the same as the old white Autotek Mean Machine's.
yeah no kidding? really dude? are you cereal?

of course he did and he also founded HIFONICS!!! and asfik he was still an engineering consultant upto about 2-3 yrs ago..

and he has his own amp company still too...

do ya wanna know his name and phone number? he actually will talk to you on the phone if you have any ?'s about stuff...

now we all know the companies were floundering and Maxx bought them out just like they did AT and Quart and kept them going and have made changes along the way...

but no one still makes amps the same way as Stephen did and never will ( except for Stephen of course //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif )

yeah no kidding? really dude? are you cereal?
of course he did and he also founded HIFONICS!!! and asfik he was still an engineering consultant upto about 2-3 yrs ago..

and he has his own amp company still too...

do ya wanna know his name and phone number? he actually will talk to you on the phone if you have any ?'s about stuff...
I know Steve Mantz, I've met him personally.

...... & Maxxonics is garbage. Period.

your opinion

they broke alot of records tho...

gotta give em that...

regardless of what you think about them.

i know they are not the greatest thing out there but for the $$ per watt I will take them all day long and run..

if I had endless Money it would be makeshifts rebuilt Stetsoms and nothing else as far as amps... or maybe 1 of Stephens bad boy protos....

I know Steve Mantz, I've met him personally.
...... & Maxxonics is great budget product. Period.
so if you really "know" him

what is his 1 biggest pet peave about amps today?

I highly doubt you "know" him //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

met yes he has met alot of people...but know? I doubt it..

your opinion
they broke alot of records tho...

gotta give em that...

regardless of what you think about them.

i know they are not the greatest thing out there but for the $$ per watt I will take them all day long and run..

if I had endless Money it would be makeshifts rebuilt Stetsoms and nothing else as far as amps... or maybe 1 of Stephens bad boy protos....
Huge power outputs, which may or may not be clipped power, don't impress me. Win some SQ competitions with Maxxonics, then I'll be impressed.

1-

everyone knows SQ comps are biased period..... I used to compete in SQ in the 90's... MBQuart and O/S Kicker...

2-

MBQuart still wins in SQ comps all the time...

3-

I agree... huge power output is not impressive anymore at all but it is what everyone wants and thats where the $$'s get spent...so that is where the hobby went as well..

in the 90's we had 500 watt systems that would make you wet they sounded so sweet and even had respectable bass presence...

today you can rarely find it..

1-
everyone knows SQ comps are biased period..... I used to compete in SQ in the 90's... MBQuart and O/S Kicker...

2-

MBQuart still wins in SQ comps all the time...

3-

I agree... huge power output is not impressive anymore at all but it is what everyone wants and thats where the $$'s get spent...so that is where the hobby went as well..

in the 90's we had 500 watt systems that would make you wet they sounded so sweet and even had respectable bass presence...

today you can rarely find it..
I'm putting together a sq system (3-way active front & single 12'' sub) using 3 bnib zed crunch's.........

cr425 active on the tweeters & mids

cr150 on the midbass

cr50hc substage

also FYI MAXX is only in Illinois...
so any dealer there would know better than tell you he repairs the amp with warranty.. if he does he is doing it all on his own and is not authorized to do it by Maxx..

if you doubt that call up Maxx and ask John

or even better... he is on this forum, just send him a PM...
The guy I know sells 20k in hifonics merchandise usually every 6 monthes to a year depending and he probably knows one of those repair guys you talk of They been selling equipment for twenty years. The one thing I do know if there so great why doe everyone want to sell them as soon as they buy em there everywhere in chicago here what are craigslist looks like ever week chicago electronics classifieds "hifonics" - craigslist Its like kicker cvrs cheap every where and something you would call fisher price my first stereo but its okay if you have no other options I guess.

probably because they are unauthorized net and egay products that never made it passed QC to begin with....

maybe not... maybe because the market back east is flooded with Hifonics? maybe because 50% of the people that buy anything car audio don't have the slightest clue how to install? alot of maybe's I could go on all night...

but if they are so horrible why are they still in business? why don't they have a crappy BBB rating? why is it only now and then that you hear "horror" stories? ( which 90% of the time is install error or unauthorized product again... )

why is it that I have been a dealer for just over 20 years and I have never had any of these issues with anything even remotely close to any kind of frequency at all...

and I sell more Maxx product than every other brand I have combined by at least a factor of 5!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.