to hifonics nay-sayers

Until competitors all use the same exact model vehicle it will be biased. Different vehicle enviroment, different result.
That isn't bias, that's just a factor that has to be taken into account. That's like saying that all people should be limited to the same type of enclosure or same equipment. You are retarded.

That isn't bias, that's just a factor that has to be taken into account. That's like saying that all people should be limited to the same type of enclosure or same equipment. You are retarded.
No wonder Detroit & the entire state of Michigan has become a landfill. It's full of fucking idiots like yourself.

btw.......

img11600435.jpg

i havent owned many hifonics amps , just one. It was a TX1005D and it was lame @ 2 ohms compared to my thunder 801D. Not sure what the hifonics was rated @ 2 ohms but the MTX was only 500 watts and it sounded better , played louder , deeper , drawed less amperage and ran cooler. The subsonic filter was a plus on the hifonics though.

Well, I am all about old school amps too (see my avatar) but, am starting to rethink things somewhat. You can wish for the days when amps were all made in the US by hand in some small factory in Arizona, Florida or Illinois but, those days are just gone. They will NEVER be back again either.

Sure, just about every board in every amp is made overseas but, just like in the old days, there are some better than others. The Maxxsonics rep on this site has plainly stated over and over that MB Quart does NOT share the same boards with Hifonics, Crunch or Autotek and that Quart is considered their flagship line. On top of all that, the Quart stuff seems to do alittle more than rated, has tons of positive reviews and seems to be very popular. I haven't seen anything that would indicate Quart stuff is "garbage", "junk" or any other negatively descriptive term. A few may have died but, there are a few of us "old school" guys who remember how the first series Orion HCCA amps were VERY particular about input voltage and how more than a few went up in smoke! Did that mean Orion stuff was junk? Don't think so.

I have some experience with the new DSC Quart amps and my experience has been nothing but positive. Remember, this is coming from an old school PPI freak who runs two Pro Mos 50's in his daily driver truck. I don't pretend to know more than anyone else or to be any kind of authority. But, I have owned and used old school RF, Orion & PPI and I have to say that the new MB Quart stuff I have used is excellent.

i did some clamp test awhile back on the bxi 2608s. with oscope //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

cant remember exactly but it was 4100ish watts with them strapped at 2ohm rising to 3ohm and dropping to upper 12s voltage iirc

gain set to just below clipping with the oscope. They put out good power and considering i paid 500 for both bnib, cant complain with those results.

Yeah they arent an sq amp, but not many people here are looking for sq.

No wonder Detroit & the entire state of Michigan has become a landfill. It's full of fucking idiots like yourself.

btw.......

img11600435.jpg
Couldn't think of a constructive response or rebuttal so you resorted to a personal attack. Not the least bit surprising. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

What about my comment about Audiopipe using cheap, unreliable surface mount parts?

how much unauthorized product from alot of others is on egay? do you see them suing? it is alot more involved than you think or it would have been done already...
no audio company that I know of allows ebay sales yet you can find "new" ( supposedly ) product from every major company around out there on egay...

so it is not just Hifonics...

how does it happen? alot of ways... internal theft... crooked dealers... ect...

I remember when I was a kicker dealer all they asked dealers to do was destroy the defective product and replace it for the customer and they credited our account...

now how hard is that system to scam? think about it dude.....
Sundown does..

Well, I am all about old school amps too (see my avatar) but, am starting to rethink things somewhat. You can wish for the days when amps were all made in the US by hand in some small factory in Arizona, Florida or Illinois but, those days are just gone. They will NEVER be back again either.
Sure, just about every board in every amp is made overseas but, just like in the old days, there are some better than others. The Maxxsonics rep on this site has plainly stated over and over that MB Quart does NOT share the same boards with Hifonics, Crunch or Autotek and that Quart is considered their flagship line. On top of all that, the Quart stuff seems to do alittle more than rated, has tons of positive reviews and seems to be very popular. I haven't seen anything that would indicate Quart stuff is "garbage", "junk" or any other negatively descriptive term. A few may have died but, there are a few of us "old school" guys who remember how the first series Orion HCCA amps were VERY particular about input voltage and how more than a few went up in smoke! Did that mean Orion stuff was junk? Don't think so.

I have some experience with the new DSC Quart amps and my experience has been nothing but positive. Remember, this is coming from an old school PPI freak who runs two Pro Mos 50's in his daily driver truck. I don't pretend to know more than anyone else or to be any kind of authority. But, I have owned and used old school RF, Orion & PPI and I have to say that the new MB Quart stuff I have used is excellent.
this have a dis 1500 i got over a year ago from sic and has never given me a problem! it is banging the **** out of my sa-15's right now.

The company themselves is not how tons of product wind up on the net, most of these large manufactures including Maxxsonics uses some very large and powerful distributors to carry there product lines, which in turn are sold off to everyone from large online sites to a guy with an egay account and a storage unit, and B&M stores alike.

Whether or not the company knows or cares what is going on I couldn't tell you , but good luck getting someone at any company to tell you they do.

With the Hifonics Brutus line the 05,06,07,10 models to me were on the cheaper side , however the new BRZ line are soild amplifiers, and Maxxsonics should receive some credit for improving there product when most other companys are going the other way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.