blaupunkt anyone?

sizzl3r
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Minnesota
This guy is selling a Blaupunkt 640 watt amp....Googled "blaupunktd 640 watt amp" and found absolutely nothing.

So i googled "blaupunkt amps good" and it was literally half of the people said they were well respected/good and the other half said no, but with no reason.

I'm just looking to power my 12'' pioneer sub. Oh and I did get a fuse holder, for those who remember that...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So is this legit? I emailed the guy asking for specs, awaiting a reply. Just wanna get your opinion first!

I'd offer him $20 just to have it as an interesting piece to my collection. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I had some of their 3-way coaxials and was fairly impressed with them. Can't remember the model #, but for $30 clearance at Fry's 3-4years ago they were pretty decent.

If i get specs from the guy and they're seem alright, i'll for sure post them. But right now is this leaning more towards a no?

I still haven't figure out how to pronounce Blaupunkt or why they picked such a weird name. I know they made some pretty snazzy class-T amps and headunits(ones named after states and cities or something).
Watch Macgruber, he has a blaupunkt and they break it, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

its pronounced BLA-PUNK

I still haven't figure out how to pronounce Blaupunkt or why they picked such a weird name. I know they made some pretty snazzy class-T amps and headunits(ones named after states and cities or something).
its a german thing lol

not a bad deal, Looks like a simular headsink used on those Bazooka Amps.

I say go for it! When and if you get it post up the guts!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've been hearing mostly no's, and a few yes's.

How about this:

Brand: BOSS

Model: BA4000

Product Information: 4Channel Car Audio Amplifier

MPN: BA4000

Amplifier Type: Class A/B 4 Channel Power Supply

Bridgable: Yes 500 x 2 @ 4 ohms

RMS Power at 4 Ohms: 155 x 4/500 x 2@4ohm(Bridged)

RMS Power at 2 Ohms: 250 x 4

Frequency Response: 10Hz-40,000Hz

Signal to Noise Ratio: 105dB

THD at Rated RMS Power: 0.05%

Bass Boost: Yes

Bass Boost Frequency: 10-250Hz

Low - Pass Frequency: 10-250Hz

High - Pass Frequency: 250Hz-40KHz

Input Voltage: 12-14.4 V.D.C.

MOSFET Circuitry: Yes

3 Way Ready: Yes

Does this look legit? Or does anyone know if the ba4000 is any good? I know there are a lot of boss haters out there but this is an old school one, and the guy isn't asking much at all for it. Tell me what you think about this! And the blaupunkt guy still hasn't responded to my email about the specs, so until then I'm still looking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.