Northeast Region TNESPL port size rule

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
just build to what is allowed,thats all you can do.i somewhat agree with u,im ok with 3cube per sub,but think something should be done about the aero rule.there is always a rule someone isnt going to like,and all u can do is get over it and build with the tools you are given

a person with 3 10s would not be in the same class as a person with 1 15,but i get your point.and a ab 500.1 should not be allowed in the WC classes,its clearly rated at 6500 rms on the website.also giving judges leeway just wouldnt work.too many different outlooks/opinions on things would make it complicated.rules are rules and they are put in place for a reason.in every organization,there will be rules that are unfair to someone,its just the way it is,unless you want 20+classes to make sure nobody is bit in the ass,certain sacrifices have to be made
If you have a chance contact Karl Stacey. I think this is the amp he's been wiating for all season, and he's under the impression it's a 5k amp.

Funny that AB put 6500 on there. They have always underrated their amps.

just build to what is allowed,thats all you can do.i somewhat agree with u,im ok with 3cube per sub,but think something should be done about the aero rule.there is always a rule someone isnt going to like,and all u can do is get over it and build with the tools you are given
The point is the guy just showing up for his first show ever isn't building around anything, they just show up with whatever. People who build around the rules can certainly get great results within the limitations of the class, I've done so myself with good results.

My thought on the 3 cube per sub is the same as 4" port per driver....unless the point is to exclude woofers over 12" as this severely limits the usefulness of larger woofers.

If you have a chance contact Karl Stacey. I think this is the amp he's been wiating for all season, and he's under the impression it's a 5k amp.
Funny that AB put 6500 on there. They have always underrated their amps.
Don't know who he is and really I wasn't going to make a big deal about it particularly since I'm not going to be spending any time in WC class. I suspect that amp is somewhat under-rated at 6500.

AB really just has a bad website, they should add all the specs in there so that their amp don't get placed in higher classing then they belong. That amp will only do 6500w with 16 volts. Its good for a little over 5k at 14.4 (rated 4800 iirc) and more like 4200 at 12v. That's 1 ohm output which is as low as they rate it, like most good amps you can drop it down to about .25 and squeeze some extra out of it but without clamping everyone it would be way to hard to limit the class by "potential power"

What I'm reading is the disgruntlement of one competitor vs the majority that except and abide by the rules.

Yes it is unfortunate when we have to class a small system into the wc classes. Thats just the way it is.

When questioning amps or if there is any doubt as to the validity of the amp per class there is a formula that we can use. Take the amps fused rating multply by 12.4v. I've read the specs on the ab 500.1(manual) and the 6500 is at 18v not 14.4 or less.

I just gotta ask.....hispl what do you gain by bashing on TNE and thier rules? Yes you got bumped and yes you won the wc3 class you were put in. Why continue the onslaught on the rookie rules?

The point is the guy just showing up for his first show ever isn't building around anything, they just show up with whatever. People who build around the rules can certainly get great results within the limitations of the class, I've done so myself with good results.
My thought on the 3 cube per sub is the same as 4" port per driver....unless the point is to exclude woofers over 12" as this severely limits the usefulness of larger woofers.
Pretty much any 15 on the market will do quite well in 3cu per sub after displacement.

The 3 cube rule is good for 98% of rookie competitors, most don't run anything larger than a 15" sub and the 3 cubes work just fine. We do have a couple rookies around here that run an 18" sub, and those won't work in only 3 cubes. Unfortunately for them they have no choice but to go to the WC classes or a music class, which is what they do. I don't think the rule serves any useful purpose, but it is a rule regardless. It's not up to any of us to change it, just enforce it.

What I'm reading is the disgruntlement of one competitor vs the majority that except and abide by the rules.
Yes it is unfortunate when we have to class a small system into the wc classes. Thats just the way it is.

When questioning amps or if there is any doubt as to the validity of the amp per class there is a formula that we can use. Take the amps fused rating multply by 12.4v. I've read the specs on the ab 500.1(manual) and the 6500 is at 18v not 14.4 or less.

I just gotta ask.....hispl what do you gain by bashing on TNE and thier rules? Yes you got bumped and yes you won the wc3 class you were put in. Why continue the onslaught on the rookie rules?
Notice I didn't start this thread, I'm just agreeing with OP and again raising questions I had before I ever even showed up to a comp this year. Don't take it as bashing, I've had a great time at all your shows so far and AFAIK everyone else is doing the same. To be honest I'd have probably never showed up to a show at all if it weren't for the rookie class though, so from my POV having it more inclusive of genuine first time competitors would benefit all.

I'm in for one or two more comps this year period one way or another (not sure if any of them are even TNESPL) Just too much other stuff to do before summer is over... and will be in WC pro probably next year if I find time to hit any shows so it doesn't matter to me either way, but if the rules are still new enough to be open for modification I'm just chiming in on the discussion. If none of the rules are subject to change or revision just say so and nobody will waste time discussing potential revisions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.