Northeast Region TNESPL port size rule

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
Well like Jeremy said, it's not going to be changed this far into the season. Next season there's a chance of it, but it'll be decided in the off-season. I can understand the reason for it, it's more likely to keep someone from building a burp box and entering the rookie class. Not many rookies would build an interchangeable slot port enclosure, but they could build one for a rounded port.

this is a everyday street beater lol
key word in my statement smokey was usually.and i never said the rule was being changed.i said i am against it and will one of the guys pushing for the change.ultimately its only up to 1 guy

When this rule was made we were measuring the rookies on peak spl, and not 30 second average. Since I was a rookie at the time I just scanned my music and found 3 seconds in a song with my frequency and would just shut it down after playing that note.

Now that they are on a 30 second average the port size doesn't matter as much anymore. With a 6" port they're going to have learn about loading or thing will be burning up really quick.

Maybe make the rule with a 6 inch internal only. There's not many prefab boxes with external ports.

key word in my statement smokey was usually.and i never said the rule was being changed.i said i am against it and will one of the guys pushing for the change.ultimately its only up to 1 guy
i understand that usually. was just saying that this box was not ment to be a burp box it was built as a music box for everyday use. plus it cant be switched out,and i am not asking for it to be changed just trying to help bring it to someone attention. i see this as a deterrent for new comers fresh in the sport. where they half to run in wc class

Since our shop is known for building spl, most of our customers that come in get custom boxes. Some get internal ports..others get external. Prefab boxes are for cheap fukers lol

Since our shop is known for building spl, most of our customers that come in get custom boxes. Some get internal ports..others get external. Prefab boxes are for cheap fukers lol
agreed.i make good money building boxes,lol

Well like Jeremy said, it's not going to be changed this far into the season. Next season there's a chance of it, but it'll be decided in the off-season. I can understand the reason for it, it's more likely to keep someone from building a burp box and entering the rookie class. Not many rookies would build an interchangeable slot port enclosure, but they could build one for a rounded port.
I always just built completely different burp boxes with a slot port, and I knew of a lot of first timers(after a couple shows) that started building strictly burp boxes. IMO if you aren't making a burp box, you aren't trying hard enough to win...even in rookie class //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

My rookie yr i competed against rex's 5k-14k setups and got my ass handed to me by 10db or more lol I understand the disgruntlement but rules are rules and are not meant to be circumvented.

Things can and do change in the off season. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The Kicker prefab box has a 7" port on it for the record (measured one last weekend).

I mentioned this in another thread that it seemed silly as did limiting box size. Someone with say 3 10" subs in a 9 cube box with 180" of port area (slot port) or 3 4" round ports would compete with a single 15" sub in 3 cube with a single 4" round port.

The other thing I'd say take a look at is that many actual rookies are using amps that are grossly over-rated and are dumped into WC classes (where most of the real competitors are using amps rated to do 6500W+ * like the AB 500.1*).

Personally I've seen more people excluded from Rookie classes that ought to be there than people that shouldn't be there being kept out by the current limitations. Perhaps the rookie class should be more vague guidelines with judges on site having more leeway to make exceptions to keep with the intent of the class.

Personally I've seen more people excluded from Rookie classes that ought to be there than people that shouldn't be there being kept out by the current limitations. Perhaps the rookie class should be more vague guidelines with judges on site having more leeway to make exceptions to keep with the intent of the class.
It's not a bad idea, but it also creates more headaches for the judges and for competitors. One competitor comes up with an amp rated for 2K that does 2K, and another comes up with an amp rated for 2K but really does 2500, you get the guy with the real 2K amp crying because he "knows" the other guys amp really does more, but has no proof on hand to back up his claims. With no proof of the actual output of either amp it's left up to the judge to say who's amp really belongs, so what if the judge has no idea which amp is over rated or under rated? I'm more that happy to judge a show for people, but I'm not going to spend my nights researching the many amps out there to see what each ones rated at and actually puts out. It's pretty easy for a competitor to turn into a little b*tch when he knows he's going to lose to someone else, giving them the chance to complain about the other guys rated power and actual power is just going to make things worse.

A little leeway can be a good thing, but sometimes it's not. It's best to just stick with the rules as they're written and learn how to get louder within those rules.That way one competitor won't go to a couple TNE shows run by two different judgeswith the same system and be put into a different class each time they compete.

The Kicker prefab box has a 7" port on it for the record (measured one last weekend).
I mentioned this in another thread that it seemed silly as did limiting box size. Someone with say 3 10" subs in a 9 cube box with 180" of port area (slot port) or 3 4" round ports would compete with a single 15" sub in 3 cube with a single 4" round port.

The other thing I'd say take a look at is that many actual rookies are using amps that are grossly over-rated and are dumped into WC classes (where most of the real competitors are using amps rated to do 6500W+ * like the AB 500.1*).

a person with 3 10s would not be in the same class as a person with 1 15,but i get your point.and a ab 500.1 should not be allowed in the WC classes,its clearly rated at 6500 rms on the website.also giving judges leeway just wouldnt work.too many different outlooks/opinions on things would make it complicated.rules are rules and they are put in place for a reason.in every organization,there will be rules that are unfair to someone,its just the way it is,unless you want 20+classes to make sure nobody is bit in the ass,certain sacrifices have to be made

a person with 3 10s would not be in the same class as a person with 1 15,but i get your point.and a ab 500.1 should not be allowed in the WC classes,its clearly rated at 6500 rms on the website.also giving judges leeway just wouldnt work.too many different outlooks/opinions on things would make it complicated.rules are rules and they are put in place for a reason.in every organization,there will be rules that are unfair to someone,its just the way it is,unless you want 20+classes to make sure nobody is bit in the ass,certain sacrifices have to be made
I was under the impression that these amps were a 5K amp, I never checked their site to see they are rated at 6500 watts.

I was under the impression that these amps were a 5K amp, I never checked their site to see they are rated at 6500 watts.
the number 6500 is on their website //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

As for grossly over-rated amps I'm talking about guys with the Lanzar Vibe type amps, and yeah, the only way to really make it even is to clamp power during a run (which I hear some regional orgs do).

Anyway, the box size and port limitations are silly as-is .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.