Northeast Region TNESPL port size rule

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV

SmokeyDog
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
the rules say that you cant be in rookie class with a 6'' or bigger port, so i was told. well a kicker box you used to be able to buy a circuit city comes with a 6'' port, so does this mean that having a kicker pre fab box and 2 cvr with 1500.1 kicker amp this would put me into wc2 even know its my first show ever?

yes.do i agree with it?no.when the rule was made,aeros were not as popular in everyday setups.they were more common in the spl rides.since then,obviously,more and more people use them.i for one will be asking for a rule change in this for the upcoming season when we have our judges meeting,but still limiting them to a 6"

6 is fine but 4 is retarded. It shouldnt even go up for debate. It should just be changed tonight when everyone is sleeping and we can all pretend that this ridiculous rule was never in place.

6 is fine but 4 is retarded. It shouldnt even go up for debate. It should just be changed tonight when everyone is sleeping and we can all pretend that this ridiculous rule was never in place.
by the time they change it all the rookies this is affecting will be in the wc classes.

there is no limit on slot port size.the rule will not be changed 3/4 into the season.as far as affecting people,there have been only 2 people that i know of.i guess the reasoning is the thought that aeros are louder, and the rookie class was originally made for your everyday street beater,which you dont usually see using aeros.just keep in mind,tnespl is still a young org. which means it will have some rules that need to be situated along the way.

btw smokey,do you actually have that setup,or was it just an example?

there is no limit on slot port size.the rule will not be changed 3/4 into the season.as far as affecting people,there have been only 2 people that i know of.i guess the reasoning is the thought that aeros are louder, and the rookie class was originally made for your everyday street beater,which you dont usually see using aeros.just keep in mind,tnespl is still a young org. which means it will have some rules that need to be situated along the way.btw smokey,do you actually have that setup,or was it just an example?
set up was an example.. but my girl friend who as only been to 5 comps every and this is her first year she has even had bass in her car. she as a 6inch port and is not a aero. just a flared port and only made that way for decoration. i dont have the pic uploaded to photobucket so i cant add to this post but theres a pick of it on the tread custom sub boxes in new england. her amp is only 900 rated rms. she picked the gear and the box design her self with no help from me. i just gave her a hand hooking it all up. shes only running one sub a little yellow top batt. there is also another rookie but he has a 8'' octo port to who is haveing this problem also these 2 people have little to no idea about spl just happen to know a great box builder. yes i understand its a custom box, but not to try and gain DBz or dominate a class. it was just to look "pretty". i am trying just like everybody else to grow the sport bigger in the north east. and also get local box builders business. But the kicker prefab box i believe is a 6 inch round port with a flare it might even be 8 i had that box before and the port was huge. i dont think its far you can have a custom built box with a huge slot port and you cant get a custom box with a 6'' round port

why not just make an extremely huge kerfed port? those are rounded like aero's (one one side at least) and you can circumvent the rules and have a gajillion sq in of port area, in a rounded manner...

smokey get your box fixed I wanted to see another 50 out of you at sanford but Bill said you blew it out recently and havent gained back :-/ , I am working on new amps, four of them to be exact... but that is for another thread! maybe six of those 10's in no wall?

This is the box Derek (Smokey) is referring too. 6" PVC pipe with a "daisy flare"on the end. It's for a single 12 with 900w and the tuning is 33hz so it's definitely not a burp box.

34685_420116127179_285118207179_4513174_4967102_n.jpg

I understand the intent of the rule but it's unfortunate that a true rookie with less than the maximum allowed equipment for the class has to run in a class where people are doing well over a 150.

i totally understand guys,and i will be arguing this point for next year,however i am just a judge and do not have the final say to make changes.i would like to see a 6" aero be allowed,although i think the 8" octo is a bit much for the rookie class

there is no limit on slot port size.the rule will not be changed 3/4 into the season.as far as affecting people,there have been only 2 people that i know of.i guess the reasoning is the thought that aeros are louder, and the rookie class was originally made for your everyday street beater,which you dont usually see using aeros.just keep in mind,tnespl is still a young org. which means it will have some rules that need to be situated along the way.btw smokey,do you actually have that setup,or was it just an example?
this is a everyday street beater lol

Im glad the rule is being changed but it shouldnt be there to begin with. When finals come and you see a rookie with a 10 inch wide slot port we dont wanna hear any fuss about it. If there is a bad rule in place and the majority of competitors say its poppycock then it shouldnt be an issue to just eliminate it off the rules. Its control, alt, delete or something like that. If this stays in effect till next season I say we help the rookies build the most ridiculous slot ports that put the WC class to shame lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.