Tips on using the Air Gun?

danteBirosel
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Just found out that my dad bought a Air Gun and tank, and what was wondering what kind of staples do i need to use. How much do they usually run for at home depot? Is there some sort of site somewhere where they give me tips on how to use an air gun properly when using it on an enclosure? If not, post your experiences and tips please.

Love,

Dante

Tite Bond 3????? Amazing, i only spotted #1 and #2 in home depot. How much do the 1 1/4 brad nails run for? Btw, yes its for putting my enclosure together.

I heard many say 1 1/4" and also 2".

What do you guys choose?????

Love,

Dante

use tite bond 2 if you cant find 3

You also want to use a brad nail vs a staple for making the enclosure. Less chance of splitting. And when it shoots out the side it really *****.

If you hold the safety they can fire a good 30feet.

Dont buy the box of nails, they sell little packages for like $3. you wont even go through the whole pack. Osh has them for cheap

What gauge brad/air nailer do you have? 18ga nails usually run around ~$10 for a box of 1000.

I just bought an 18ga. brad nailer from HD and depending on the brand the 2 in. brads run about 6-10 bucks. They carry a few different brands of brads. The brad nailers sure do make life alot easier.

I just bought an 18ga. brad nailer from HD and depending on the brand the 2 in. brads run about 6-10 bucks. They carry a few different brands of brads. The brad nailers sure do make life alot easier.
I hope it was a Ridgid R213BNA.

I got my brad nailer at Harbor Freight for $15 plus tax. Tested it out on some other wood and it works fine. If I didnt get this one then I wouldve gotten the Ridgid.

I got my brad nailer at Harbor Freight for $15 plus tax. Tested it out on some other wood and it works fine. If I didnt get this one then I wouldve gotten the Ridgid.
i got that harbor freight gun too. but i got it for free, my buddy convinently forgot to ring it up

No, it is actually the Bostitch kv-700 or something. They were out of the Ridgid guns I wanted. To test it I put 3 pieces of 3/4 in. MDF together and it went into all 3 with the head sinking just below the surface. Was well worth the 80 bucks.

I just got a compressor and nail/staple gun. I used 1.25 inch 18 gauge brads/ nails. The shorter the nail the less chance it will split out the side, plus once the glue drys it does not matter. On the angled sides of my box I used 1 inch nails and they worked great with less chance of the splitting.

Here is a tip that has happened to me more than once.

Don't hold or put your fingers to close to where you are nailing at. If the nail decides to come out a side or just off center, it will find your closest finger for sure.

And that stings for a minute.

Here is a tip that has happened to me more than once. 

Don't hold or put your fingers to close to where you are nailing at. If the nail decides to come out a side or just off center, it will find your closest finger for sure.

And that stings for a minute.

now that's a nice tip. i will try and keep that in mind when nailing.

btw, is there some sort of way i should hold it? or nail the woods together. how many inches apart do you guys recommend for each nail i punch in?

Love,

Dante

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.