Installation tips and recommendations?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ledvedder
10+ year member

NJ
Hi everyone! I'm looking for some installation/hookup tips from the more experienced people here. I have a Kicker Key 200.4 4 channel amp and a Sound Ordnance B-8PTD powered sub that I'm installing into my 2020 Hyundai Elantra. I've replaced the factory speakers with JBL's. I've also purchased a harness for the factory radio, https://www.ebay.com/itm/1344525408...d=link&campid=5335951755&toolid=20001&mkevt=1.

I've read some things about using an AudioControl LC6i to connect everyone. But I'm wondering if there are other options for installation. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Both of them have line level inputs, so you actually do not need a LOC. plus the both have auto turn on using speaker sensing. I would just run speaker wire from the back of the head unit to the amps. Using front and rear for 200.4. Then Y off the rears for the underseat sub. Then run speaker wire from the 200.4 back up behind the head unit to factory wiring going to the speakers. Run 4 gauge OFC to a distribution block and 10 or 8 gauge both amps.

Both of them have line level inputs, so you actually do not need a LOC. plus the both have auto turn on using speaker sensing. I would just run speaker wire from the back of the head unit to the amps. Using front and rear for 200.4. Then Y off the rears for the underseat sub. Then run speaker wire from the 200.4 back up behind the head unit to factory wiring going to the speakers. Run 4 gauge OFC to a distribution block and 10 or 8 gauge both amps.
So I wouldn't even need to use that harness that I got from Ebay?

Generally you can still use the High Level inputs on most any amplifier to get it installed off the HU speaker wiring. Its a bit old school way of doing things,as RCAs are so much easier, but it can be done with a little time and patience.Most amplifiers on the market have that option.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...