Timpano 4 channel amp

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
anyone know anything about these? Reading around online and these are apparently made by stetsom, who had some issues with their higher power amplifiers. Needing at least 70 watts rms x 4 at 4 ohms. Seem like a decent price. The new class D full range amplifiers are a bit new to me, but I did have limited experience with the xtant 1.1 amps, which were also class D full range amps. Class D used to be frowned upon for SQ, but that seems to have changed. Wanting a really small footprint, and the class AB amp i have is way too big.

anyone know anything about these? Reading around online and these are apparently made by stetsom, who had some issues with their higher power amplifiers. Needing at least 70 watts rms x 4 at 4 ohms. Seem like a decent price. The new class D full range amplifiers are a bit new to me, but I did have limited experience with the xtant 1.1 amps, which were also class D full range amps. Class D used to be frowned upon for SQ, but that seems to have changed. Wanting a really small footprint, and the class AB amp i have is way too big.
It looks like a well made amp

I think I will try it. I have an older infinity, but it is so large that it won’t fit under my seat without getting stomped on by rear passengers.

Taramps DS800X4 2 ohm version will give 136 watts X 4 @ 4 ohms. @ 12.6v. Not sure if that works for you.
Screenshot_20200117-174625_Samsung Internet.jpg

Based on the attached video, Timpano's don't have overcurrent protection, I wouldn't do it unless your not worried about burning down your car.

Watch this and tell me if you still want it:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.