WhiteEX
10+ year member

I brake 4 H03'z.
South
24cw6yw.jpg

2cqjzti.jpg

24zjfpx.jpg

rh6cdu.jpg

They ruined that beautiful Dodge. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Na man if you add more horsepower you'll eventually need more weight in the back to get more traction. Most 1/4 mile cars have metal plates in various places just like those tractor pulls. In his case that build will help if he wanted a supercharger in the future.

The cool way to add weight to a car is to get subs. That or a fat girlfriend.

Na man if you add more horsepower you'll eventually need more weight in the back to get more traction. Most 1/4 mile cars have metal plates in various places just like those tractor pulls. In his case that build will help if he wanted a supercharger in the future.
I was joking. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Yes, some drag racers use ballast strategically, but this situation is FAR from that. Those drag cars you are talking about have gone through extensive scrutiny to reduce over all vehicle weight (Ive seen people remove 75% of a frame's material by drilling a million holes in it, for example). You make it sound like walling off your muscle car is a performance enhancing technique, nothing could be further from the truth. That car has had an extensive amount of weight added to it, basically centered on the car, not centered directly over the rear axle like the ballast you referred to. And that's a lot more weight than you would use for wheel ballast even if it was placed over the rearend.

The only negative comment I have on the install is the SRT logo appears to cover over a significant amount of the port. If nothing else, this could create port noise. Ive seen this mounting location used a lot and it always makes me scratch my head.

^especially since i know jl didnt sponsor him not even partially, OP does he have enough power to drive those subs and what does the electrical look like? Nice build but It defeats the purpose of buying a muscle car and adding wayyy over 500 lbs of stereo gear. Super charger reason doesnt make any sense either no one adds power just to lose it with an enormous amount of weight, traction is gained by suspension, tire,wheel and etc upgrades not 1k lbs stereo. i agree ruined a nice car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.