This may be a dumb question but..

My battery is located in the trunk straight from the factory. The solid audio amp was running at 4 ohms and the other was at 2 ohms. These were on the w7..
How could you run the same subwoofer at 4ohms AND 2ohms? That is impossible. Not to mention the W7 comes in non-even coil options. I think you are confused what you were and are running your sub at in terms of impedance. That would explain the blown amplifiers.

i wasnt running the sub at these impendances...those are the ohms that the amps were at....i know im a dumbass when it comes to this stuff but thats why i ask you guys hoping to get some help.

i agree with audioholic...how the hell would a second battery prevent some1 from frying a amp.....0 gauge to 4 gauge to any of those amps is fine to run. Double check wiring and impedance like said b4.

Too low of system voltage will not "fry" an amp. I really have no idea where you are getting that from. Amps with non-regulated power supplies will keep playing, while their output scales down according to input voltage. An amp with a regulated power supply will simply go into protect mode once voltage reaches the extents of its allowable voltage window, high or low.
There is no such thing as too HIGH of an impedance. Running a higher impedance, again, will not "fry" an amplifier. Running too LOW of an impedance certainly can/will however. Im starting to think you are just guessing here. Why not sit back and read, rather than type. Honestly, you dont seem to understand the topic very well yet.
so when voltage drops too low it will NEVER cook an amp? I'm honestly asking maybe I can learn something. I'm referring to battery voltage not deck voltage, just to clarify. And I said high when I meant low impedance earlier.

so when voltage drops too low it will NEVER cook an amp? I'm honestly asking maybe I can learn something.
It shouldn't, but Im not inclined to say "never". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Running the voltage too high possibly could, but too low shouldn't cause any permanent damage. Like I said, it will simply reach a threshold where the amp stops operating, until system voltage is revived to an acceptable level.

It shouldn't, but Im not inclined to say "never". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Running the voltage too high possibly could, but too low shouldn't cause any permanent damage. Like I said, it will simply reach a threshold where the amp stops operating, until system voltage is revived to an acceptable level.
Plenty of big amps can be cooked seeing to little voltage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.