This may be a dumb question but..

U guys don't get the main problem, beemer740 doesn't know how to wire his subs to a correct impedance. And with the weird way that JL's subs setup the voice coils, it probably didn't help his confusion any.

Thats true, he also doesn't have enough voltage to keep his amps out of protect and from dieing. You can't run an orion 2500d with one battery, you can but it wont last long, case in point.

Beemer740 how many subs are you running one or two? and how do you have them wired up?

Plenty of big amps can be cooked seeing to little voltage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
How, exactly?
So I can run a 5000 watt amp on a stock elctrical system and have no problems, glad I learned something.
No, you can't, but that doesn't mean you'll "fry" your amp. Stop being dense.
Thats true, he also doesn't have enough voltage to keep his amps out of protect and from dieing. You can't run an orion 2500d with one battery, you can but it wont last long, case in point.
Beemer740 how many subs are you running one or two? and how do you have them wired up?
Anyone reading this thread who knows anything about a car's charging system knows you are making a fool of yourself, case in point. The guy runs his amps at too low of an impedance, and your conclusion is the amplifiers blew because of too little system voltage. Uhm... lol? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif
If I quoted people in my sigs like so many people do, your statement I bolded would most certainly make that sig. Im still waiting for your explanation as to why a charging system NEEDS 2 batteries in order to accomodate a large amplifier... something beyond lame sarcasm that tries to divert away from the fact you dont know. And you dont know... because it makes no sense.

I'm honestly not gonna sit here and argue, I'm just trying to help the guy out, if you want me to explain it to you then pm me.
I agree, an arguement is not needed. I just want to make sure the guy gets the right help, whether it ruffles a few feathers or not.

pm sent.

i have a single 12w7 i honestly dont know if its single or dual vc because i bought it off a guy a while ago...theres a positive and negative wire one in each terminal in the sub then i bridged the amplifier....all my amps powered up none were in protect but all dont put out any output...thats why im thinking i keep blowing the output fets...the gains were not set more than 1/4

I would LOVE to see you try and explain that position. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Sounds to me like the most likely problem is the amps are being played at too low of an impedance.
thank god... I was losing faith...

A second battery is like last on the list of electrical upgrades....

i have a single 12w7 i honestly dont know if its single or dual vc because i bought it off a guy a while ago...theres a positive and negative wire one in each terminal in the sub then i bridged the amplifier....all my amps powered up none were in protect but all dont put out any output...thats why im thinking i keep blowing the output fets...the gains were not set more than 1/4
whoa whoa whoa... ok ... + and - wire from each terminal on the sub... now are all of those amps mono single channel amps?

Second how many terminals are on the sub, 2 or 4?

If there are two on the sub (the actual sub, not just the external box connections) it is a single VC... if it has 4 (2x + and 2x -) it's a DVC....

not if it's a DVC and you are running those in parellel then bridging a 2ch amp you are going to fry the amps... but you might just have your terminology messed up

Also I've been posting around in the last couple weeks and EVERYONE is being a **** idiot about vehicle electrical systems... it's driving me nuts... I've done like 3x 500word write ups in several threads explaining how it works... go read people, you are all driving me nuts...

this man does not need a second battery....

If any of you wanna keep up with the whole "to low of an impedance" thing your retarded lol

12w7 = single 3ohm coil. Im saying he has the gain up way to much and is driving the amp into the ground thermally

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.