is ED still good? check this out

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

Ed has good build quality and sound but they dont get much love on here.
How much money and how much power to have avalible?
LMFAO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

i really hope you arent serious... they are the industries biggest joke as far as build quality goes... they once sent out a batch of speakers that were returned with over a 60% failure rate...

their build quality is piss poor, i have experienced that first hand SEVERAL times. they get sloppy with the gluing (or glue the wrong parts :uhoh), among other mechanical problems (misalignments, mis-labled coils, motors not being magnetized...).

oh yeah, and not to mention alot of people got ripped off by them back in the day, probably one of the main reasons they dont get so much love //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I bought a couple B-stock subs from them through ebay and was quite happy. Especially for the price.

Here's a tip. Use the search button. 400 people are going to read this post and bid against you on ebay now. When you find a good deal keep it hush until YOU can score it. LOL

You might even want to delete this thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

The listing says it is a refurb. I would think you would want to get it dirt cheap or not at all.
Do you know anything about refurbed speakers?

The only thing they re-use is the basket and the motor (magnet). All the moving parts are replaced. 9 times out of 10 they failed initial testing and never left the factory when they were new.

Do you know anything about refurbed speakers?The only thing they re-use is the basket and the motor (magnet). All the moving parts are replaced. 9 times out of 10 they failed initial testing and never left the factory when they were new.
I do know that I am not to keen on buying ED in the first place. The fact that it is a refurb doesn't increase my confidence level in the Ed product. So there.

w8 a minute does raise one good point about it...
since its a refurb its a strong possibility that eduh found their screw ups and fixed them already //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
True, I had not really thought of that. Perhaps Ed's products are the only ones that actually increase in value when they are refurbs.

ED is pretty ****in good I`ll say. Never had any experience with them previously, and scored on a eK15 subwoofer off of eBay for $60 shipped. It gets loud (SPL), sounds great (SQ), excursion is beautiful quite interesting to watch.

So for all these people to say that ED is garbage, especially "back in the day." Well, I'd have to go against it because I'm using one of their "back in the day" subs and it hasn't left me dissapointed yet.

The more woofers I buy, the less happy I am with my eD products.

I did like them when I first got my 8s. Now that I have a couple different kinds to compare, my perspective changed.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif
LMFAO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

i really hope you arent serious... they are the industries biggest joke as far as build quality goes... they once sent out a batch of speakers that were returned with over a 60% failure rate...

their build quality is piss poor, i have experienced that first hand SEVERAL times. they get sloppy with the gluing (or glue the wrong parts :uhoh), among other mechanical problems (misalignments, mis-labled coils, motors not being magnetized...).

oh yeah, and not to mention alot of people got ripped off by them back in the day, probably one of the main reasons they dont get so much love //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
lmfao i see your one of them haters. i wont deny anything about their past, but you are wrong when it comes to build quality. they are 50x better than they ever were. so relax guy.

btw threadstarter, its a awesome sub, i have the same sub, but the black cone, its pushed by a Nine.2x and i love it. best sq sub i ever heard, and it gets pretty low and loud. but like a few people said on here, if you find a good deal, keep it to yourself.

lmfao i see your one of them haters. i wont deny anything about their past, but you are wrong when it comes to build quality. they are 50x better than they ever were. so relax guy.

btw threadstarter, its a awesome sub, i have the same sub, but the black cone, its pushed by a Nine.2x and i love it. best sq sub i ever heard, and it gets pretty low and loud. but like a few people said on here, if you find a good deal, keep it to yourself.
im not a hater, i have seen their failure rates, i have repaired their subs, i have seen them fail, i have had them fail on me...

its not "hatin", its straight up facts. even if they were 50x better than they were, that still puts them behind the majority of the rest of the industry.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.