This isn't hard on a sub, is it?

Chappie
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Regular
US
Hey guys. Right now, I'm working on my enclosure and my Type R 15 is sitting on a table in my room, upside-down (magnet up). I was just wondering if it's hard on the spider, cone, surround, or any other part of the sub. It's only been like this for a day or two, but I don't want to cause any damage. It doesn't seem like it's being shoved inward at all, but I wanted to make sure.

but if your so worried why not set it up or side ways?
Well, I'm assuming it's not a huge deal, and no permanent damage is probably caused already if it is bad...it's really keeping the sub safe, though..if you've ever seen the magnet on a Type R its a lot more 'thin' than the gasket, so it's got more stable 'footing' this way. If it was sitting on the magnet, one wrong bump would send it falling 3 feet to the floor. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I put it on my bed, problem solved. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

The best is in a box' date=' in your car, and hooker up to an amp.....[/quote']
You're absolutely right. But if you would've read my original post, you would know that my box is being worked on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.