This forum is is way too simple.

EarDrummin.
10+ year member

Is this my Brahma?
Wanaque, NJ
Flame me all you want, I'm so sick of hearing about the same crap. There are so many quality brands out there.. why is no one talking about them? Not to say these "forum brands" aren't quality, but again, they're not the only quality. If you need to ask the price of an RE product, you're plain ignorant. I think it's been discussed twice as many times as every other post, added together, times 18.

If you get your information solely from forums, do yourself the favor of visiting more than one board.. see what they have to say before you listen to someone who recommends something they "think" is good because EVERYONE ELSE ON THE BOARD SAYS SO!

I'm going to start becoming "that guy" who flames every thread he sees that start with "IS RE... or IS THE W7.." Please, take into account that you're not a moron, and you have the ability to think for yourself.

I told someone on AIM to go visit termpro yesterday, he had no clue what I was talking about.

Edit- Thought I might add, currently in the Subwoofer board 8 of the 30 viewable threads have something to do with RE.

I agree somewhat. EVERYBODY here just about suggests something from eD, SI, RE, etc. They are great products no doubt, but there is going to be so many people that have these products they're becoming so mainstream nobody will be unique in having them. Also, this way, often many other products get left unknown or overlooked.

I try not to recommend products if I can help it. My ears are different than everyone elses so what may sound good to me. May sound like a$$ to someone else. Alot of it has to do with what people know. I would rather hear somebody tell me 1,000 times about a product they have used. Than once about something they are talking out of thier a$$ about. But that is just MHO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This is http://www.caraudio.com, so by its nature it's going to be rather simplistic, relative to other sites such as SIN and Termpro, which have a niche. You can't just type car audio into a search engine and find SIN and Termpro, but you will find this site. Therein lies the difference.

I will admit that I was one of the people who asked about RE prices, but now I know better. After you have been at this forum for long enough you realize how redundant things get, but still I don't get mad. We were all noob's at one time. (I still kinda am compared to some) But now I am learning new things everyday and I thank everyone at this forum, noobs and veterans, for helping me to learn all about the hobby known as car audio. Keep it coming!

They are great products no doubt, but there is going to be so many people that have these products they're becoming so mainstream nobody will be unique in having them.
these brands are in now way even close to mainstream.

I usually try to recommend products to people other than SI, ED, etc., unless that really is what would suit them best.

Just today I told someone that a 10 inch Peerless XLS would be a good sub for their truck. I think the other day I told someone that they should look at Onyx stuff.

EarDrummin ... I know what you mean.

It's a shame that some of these more 'mainstream' brands don't get mentioned very much these days.

- Steve

EarDrummin ... I know what you mean.
It's a shame that some of these more 'mainstream' brands don't get mentioned very much these days.

- Steve
Depends on how you look at it. Like Guantlet said, this is "caraudio.com".. a generality in itself. I simply don't see why the 3 or 4 specific brands have to take up 98% of the threads. You may see constant RE talk as a push against the "mainstream brands" and a step in a different direction, I see it as RE petative. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I'd like to post more, it's a shame. I simply don't have the time to sift through so many threads to find something interesting to talk about.

The purpose of the thread was to see if anyone shared my frustration. I see that a few do to some degree, but apparently not as much as me. What can you do.

I share your frustration buddy. I've been spending a lot more time over at termpro lately for that reason. I'm still here almost every night but don't post much cause it's all RE,Adire,ED,SI blah blah blah. There is thousands of posts about re and they are almost all the same day in and day out. But if somebody starts a solo-x thread they better look out cause they're getting flamed for it. I guess I just don't get it but nonetheless I'll prolly be here forever -shrug-

He!! I'm a fosgate man myself. Have been for many, many moons. But unless you specificaly ask me about one of their products I won't push them on ya . You can give suggestions, your opinion, or whatever. But nothing takes the place of being able to actually here the product for yourself. There in lies the problem with smaller companies such as re, adire and the like. Normally the local stores and shops don't carry such products. So you got to look elsewhere for info about them. I don't flame anyone for asking about one product or another. I may stear ya away from wasting your money. But no flaming. We're all here to learn, so ya got to take it in stride. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.