Thin / Shallow High Quality Subs?

Well if you ever want to upgrade the stock speakers.....a 6 channel the size of the 6150 can't be beat. It is smaller than the sundown you have, gives 1000 rms on channels 5 and 6 bridged - perfect for the alpines.
So if at some point you want more sound, than boom.....it is ideal. Prolly get one for about a grand.
yeah thats a good idea, will keep that in mind

that's a good sign then, people must really like them so they aren't selling them. well i found mmat's site and sent them an email to see if they can recommend me an amp for the swr-t12's will see what they say and then probably just get whichever one they recommend
thanks again for all your quick help
Two of these, or maybe the tens, might take that saz 1500, if you went just a little bit conservative on the gain.

MSW | Car Audio Stereo, Car Subwoofers, Car Amplifiers and Speakers

edit: these are 4ohm svc, so the 1500 might be just the right ticket, since they are underrated and more efficient at 2 ohms anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
so just to double check, these alpine SWR-T12 or T-10's will sound good even though they won't really be in an enclosure? since they will be in the side paneling? will that be fine? I guess since they are thin / shallow they are made for small spaces?

Thanks

so just to double check, these alpine SWR-T12 or T-10's will sound good even though they won't really be in an enclosure? since they will be in the side paneling? will that be fine? I guess since they are thin / shallow they are made for small spaces?
Thanks
Man, I don't know how that would work, I was under the impression you were going stealth in a customized way. Like the 12 will work in an enclosure down to .6 cubes...I figured you was planning a little 'glass work. Seems like it would not do much without being sealed or ported and solid.

[quote name='quackhead']Man, I don't know how that would work, I was under the impression you were going stealth in a customized way. Like the 12 will work in an enclosure down to .6 cubes...I figured you was planning a little 'glass work. Seems like it would not do much without being sealed or ported and solid.[/QUOTE]

well I mean I don't expect them to be "free subs" so just stuck in the paneling by themselves. to be honest i dont even know what "stealth" installs are, just something I heard where i got those pics from in the first post, were those stealth installs? if so they must have had an enclosure in there but it's probably really small?

I mean the footprint is the problem, if I can get a .6 cube enclousure to work and fit in the side paneling that would be great if it works, does anybody have a pic of a .6 cube size box can it fit in the side paneling or how does it work?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

[quote name='quackhead']@pro\-rabbit[/QUOTE]

yes ill contact him, we worked on a box before will see what he says

Man, I don't know how that would work, I was under the impression you were going stealth in a customized way. Like the 12 will work in an enclosure down to .6 cubes...I figured you was planning a little 'glass work. Seems like it would not do much without being sealed or ported and solid.
in these pics, can you tell if they are using encloures? if so then theirs are fitting so then might should also?

HatchLEDs.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38834766/mazda%20cx-9%20sub%20install/jl10w3v32.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38834766/mazda%20cx-9%20sub%20install/JLSubInstall05.jpg

ok i just went and took some pics of the side panels, do you think a sub can go in each of these compartments on the side? in the middle where the jack stuff is i could put an amp for sure right? it's a pretty big space. also i think that entire plastic area can come off so it could provide more area? i dont know if a 12" would work though, maybe a 10" ?

2012-07-29%2023.34.49.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38834766/mazda%20cx-9%20sub%20install/2012-07-29%2023.34.12.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38834766/mazda%20cx-9%20sub%20install/2012-07-29%2023.35.06.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38834766/mazda%20cx-9%20sub%20install/2012-07-29%2023.35.58.jpg

2012-07-29%2023.36.49.jpg

what do you think? any chance?

Awesome! I'm getting a lot of good info, so you think those 8" would work even with those big magnets? Those would go in the side panels in that compartment right? I already sent pro rabbit an email but, he's always so busy I don't know when I'll be able to actually speak to him, hope soon.

oh yeah...I think you can work with that. Maybe someone like pro-rabbit can offer experienced info on this...but it looks like you might get some serious output...maybe at least a 8" or 10" would get down, if you could do ports..B2 Audio ES 8" Subwoofer - ES8MKII 300 RMS

Sundown Audio SA 8v2 600W SUBWOOFER - 1800woofers.com

Well I ended up getting the Alpine's found a deal for $530 for 2 - 10's brand new shipped. I'm going to stick with the 1500w sundown amp as I measured the area where it could go and there's more than enough room. Found some local installers to install the subs into the rear side panels. Now, my question is, will this system take up too much power where it will drain the car battery? Or dim the lights or something? Should I run it off it's own separate battery?

i was going to update this thread but, forgot. they sound awesome but, i did install 4 of them! it sounded really good with 2 but, for me i wanted to see if i get even more bass out of it, so i had 2 installed in the rear panels intially then i had 2 more installed in the floor (cargo area where the jack and other things go, there was enough room) the only thing is that I have to upgrade my amp, that sundown amp does 3000 watts rms on one ohm i think. we have it on one ohm but, the amp has been blown the fuse a few times. so i'm starting to look for another amp. there's a lot of bass like i can feel it all over, it's really crazy i have keep it down at times because of my ears lol i think i might get hearing damage haha i also just had the door speakers upgraded to hybrid audio imagines in the front and the basic mirus in the rear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.