Theft Protection

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heresy
10+ year member

Going Against the Grain
Arizona
I am building a system for my new Crown Victoria and need some advice on what to get in the way of theft protection. The exterior of the vehicle is non-attention grabbing white paint with limo tint windows(basically made to look like an undercover police interceptor). The additions to this vehicle are going to be between two or three grand so I need to know what I need in terms of a car alarm and any additional protection.

Also, I read in a previous post by jtmoney about "anti-smash-and-grab film" and want to know more about it, where I can get it installed, will it work over my present tinting, and how much would it cost?

Everything is covered by insurance twice over but I don't want to test it. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

First off I'd buy a quality car alarm with a pager and wire it to it's own battery. Make sure the battery is well hidden. Install pins for the alarm in both the hood and trunk. Second use many different types of screws for installing your subs and amps etc...like use philips, standard, allen, and safety screws if you can find them...for extra security you can mix up some opoxy and fill the tops of the screws. Other than that be pro-active...don't bump within 6 block of where your going to park. Don't put any "steal me" stickers on your car...in other works just be smart. Thats my two cents...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.