Skar Amp Protection Light

Participant count
  • Participant list

trevorphillips126

CarAudio.com Newbie
Utah
So I have a Skar M9005D it’s a 5 channel amp. It’s powering my main 4 kicker 4 ohm speakers and my Skar 8in DVC 2 ohm sub. I have it set up so both the speakers and sub are running at 4 ohms. I installed everything about a month ago and it just quit. I keep getting a blinking power/ protection light. I am getting 12.2 v to the remote wire and 14.3 v at the amp main power supply. I have also tried different grounds including running a ground directly to the battery negative. No clue what to do. Only mistake I see if buying Skar.

Disconnect all 5 speakers and the rca cables from the amplifier. Turn it on and see if it still goes into protect. If it does, bad amplifier.
If it doesn’t, start adding the speakers and rca cables back to it one or two at a time. Use process of elimination to figure out which speaker or speaker wire is bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Ill try it when I get the amp back, especially if the forbidden protect light goes on. I don't think it's grounding out anywhere because I still...
This may be an option for you as well. Im sure Amazon has them on theyre site also to be purchased. Great amps...
I had two Skar amps (4ch & a monoblock) go bad within a year. Post #2 is an excellent recommendation.
Recoil 2500.1 $179 2500 x 1 @ 1 ohm. Make sure subs are the dual 4 ohm version. If you don't want that much power, get the Recoil red1200.1 for 1...
Id keep with the warranty return. Id look at getting a different more reliable amp, and maybe Sale the Skar.. Thats me though. Seems like a PITA...

About this thread

trevorphillips126

CarAudio.com Newbie
trevorphillips126
Utah
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from