The Saturn: Death-Horn Build/Addition (10kw+)

Yea, the xxx10k is sold. And progress cant happen really until this weekend after the rear window is pulled so I can finish fiberglassing the lower hump and continue with the panels and fiberglassing those.

Alright, I got the back section of my rear windows painted black and a few stickers on...

Cleaning that ish off...

51931a7b.jpg

82a255be.jpg

f83bea3a.jpg

41a05a91.jpg

Other side..

618dbd65.jpg

c4495ce2.jpg

And potentially the last comp with this setup as it has been a bit later today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks guys, wish I couldve gotten work done this weekend but the guy whose going to pull my back window couldnt due to easter. So it'll come out within a couple days, hopefully tomorrow (monday) and hopefully the weather cooperates so I can get some real work done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif...I should have a nice chunk of work done every evening.

Looks really good. Really can't wait to see the finished product //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And it looks like the guy that I have lined up to take out my rear glass cant do it until 8am on saturday *Big Sad Face*...so i guess this week I wont be doing much work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
And it looks like the guy that I have lined up to take out my rear glass cant do it until 8am on saturday *Big Sad Face*...so i guess this week I wont be doing much work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Get you some piano wire and get that sucker yourself. Just stick it through the gasket, and have someone pull on one end while you pull on the other. Guitar string may work as well.

Never done it before so im leaving it to someone else, many people on the saturn forums said I'll most likely break it if im not experienced because its so curvy so i will wait, ive become very patient with this hobby...

I know these words won't be welcomed, and probably sound like yer dad..... (is he 48? if so he can come over and have a beer with me in june on my b'day!) but in about 10-15 years you're going to stumble across a file in a drawer with all your drawings, and worse, all your receipts, and you aren't going to working full time anymore because all those nights contorting your body caught up and your back is fried.... and say:

what the hell was I smoking when I thought I had to have this?

Yeah, I know, throw me out of here.

I'm there now and you just warn somebody in 10-15 years, nobody did me that favor. I'm doing it to you now.

****runs****

(If you FINISH it it ain't so bad)

2 of my projects in the day:

corvette IASCA pictures by batvette - Photobucket

Corvette tied for first in points in Southern California IASCA 601+ novice in '98, qualified for invite to world finals. Tow van blew up halfway there.

Trophied in several shows the next season as expert 601+. Quit IASCA when I got judging credentials in USAC. Not stealing your thunder, just saw your post and thought "Hmmm... so I thought Femi Adeoke finished those horns in the Grand Prix.. does he have a Saturn now and is STILL crazy?" (old schoolers know who and what I mean- the guy set his goals high!)

And the car I tied for first in points with and faced all season was a Saturn wagon.

I know these words won't be welcomed, and probably sound like yer dad..... (is he 48? if so he can come over and have a beer with me in june on my b'day!) but in about 10-15 years you're going to stumble across a file in a drawer with all your drawings, and worse, all your receipts, and you aren't going to working full time anymore because all those nights contorting your body caught up and your back is fried.... and say:
what the hell was I smoking when I thought I had to have this?

Yeah, I know, throw me out of here.

I'm there now and you just warn somebody in 10-15 years, nobody did me that favor. I'm doing it to you now.

****runs****

(If you FINISH it it ain't so bad)

2 of my projects in the day:

corvette IASCA pictures by batvette - Photobucket

Corvette tied for first in points in Southern California IASCA 601+ novice in '98, qualified for invite to world finals. Tow van blew up halfway there.

Trophied in several shows the next season as expert 601+. Quit IASCA when I got judging credentials in USAC. Not stealing your thunder, just saw your post and thought "Hmmm... so I thought Femi Adeoke finished those horns in the Grand Prix.. does he have a Saturn now and is STILL crazy?" (old schoolers know who and what I mean- the guy set his goals high!)

And the car I tied for first in points with and faced all season was a Saturn wagon.
Well, my dad will be 50 at the end of April.

But im not quite sure what youre saying...? I wont regret spending thousands on this. Ever. If thats what youre talking about.

And how will my back be fried and i'll be out of work..? Im sort of confused by what youre saying, I guess..

Plus 2012's on the way, so no need to worry about being 50 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And honestly, whats a couple grand here n there over the course of a lifetime...? that's just a drop in the bucket..i'll gladly spend my worthless money for something i want/makes me happy.

Get you some piano wire and get that sucker yourself. Just stick it through the gasket, and have someone pull on one end while you pull on the other. Guitar string may work as well.
I'd be more worried about scratching the paint with wire. The wire is not the safest thing in the world to use either, most of the time when I'm using it at work it will get a kink if pulled wrong and it will snap. They can take out a eye very easily when the snap or cut your face up haha. I'd rather use cole(sp) knifes.

Never done it before so im leaving it to someone else, many people on the saturn forums said I'll most likely break it if im not experienced because its so curvy so i will wait, ive become very patient with this hobby...
a

Nah you can't break it with the wire unless you lift up on the glass, you will scratch your paint to **** though if you do it wrong. Also you would need the poly urethane and a razor blade to trim old glue off if you decide this route. I can send you what you need if you cover shipping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.