Box design (Dual Folded Infra-Bass Horn)

Can somebody build these for point of sale? We MIGHT be selling them at places like CarToys...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-11 171152.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-11 171152.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Can somebody build these for point of sale? We MIGHT be selling them at places like CarToys...
Have you not attempted to build this IRL yourself? Looks like it will be very labor intensive, heavy as ****, and challenging to mount or replace subwoofers down the road. This had better be the loudest most efficient box ever if you're going to go through the cost and trouble of trying to market something that complex as you're looking at a lot of skilled man hours to assemble or a fantastically expensive fully automated woodworking assembly line that you'd put a bundle of MDF in one side and have those things spit out the other.

Have you not attempted to build this IRL yourself? Looks like it will be very labor intensive, heavy as ****, and challenging to mount or replace subwoofers down the road. This had better be the loudest most efficient box ever if you're going to go through the cost and trouble of trying to market something that complex as you're looking at a lot of skilled man hours to assemble or a fantastically expensive fully automated woodworking assembly line that you'd put a bundle of MDF in one side and have those things spit out the other.

Won't be selling those for ~$250 a pop. Plus I don't really see the purpose of horn bass cabinets unless you're at dance club, concert, etc.

Would be cool to Plexi the whole top so you can see the design, but not feasible.

I'd be curious to see how the space/output compares to a ported box. I'm guessing 2 more woofers would fit in the same space, ported, but don't know enough about folded horns.

Won't be selling those for ~$250 a pop. Plus I don't really see the purpose of horn bass cabinets unless you're at dance club, concert, etc.
That would be a 750$ build coming out of my shop. I get alot of people asking for 6th orders, 4th orders, etc. that think I’m going to use 160$ worth of wood, spend 6-10 hours on a build then charge 200$. Some people are just better off sticking with the Chinese made prefabs.

That would be a 750$ build coming out of my shop. I get alot of people asking for 6th orders, 4th orders, etc. that think I’m going to use 160$ worth of wood, spend 6-10 hours on a build then charge 200$. Some people are just better off sticking with the Chinese made prefabs.
I was thinking ~$1000 minimum with subs, but I guess probably closer to $1500 since I'd imagine one would put expensive subs in such an expensive enclosure. So if you're charging $750 for the enclosure, @battleship.walking charges Car Toys $1000 and Car Toys sells them for $1500 before subs. I don't see these flying off the shelf.

I was thinking ~$1000 minimum with subs, but I guess probably closer to $1500 since I'd imagine one would put expensive subs in such an expensive enclosure. So if you're charging $750 for the enclosure, @battleship.walking charges Car Toys $1000 and Car Toys sells them for $1500 before subs. I don't see these flying off the shelf.
I’m only a local box builder. No subs. I’d ship it free for 1000

Last edited:
I wouldn't do that for less than $5000 :ROFLMAO:

Joking aside, what would the advantage of this box be in a vehicle? Is there really much, or any real benefit for the labor involved?

Joking aside, what would the advantage of this box be in a vehicle? Is there really much, or any real benefit for the labor involved?
The question I have about this box is how is the air supposed to flow freely with all those acute angles? It contradicts all the boxes in this site with the 45 degree angles and rounded corners.

There isn’t an advantage in car audio with the cheap power amps available to buy. These boxes have an advantage in a free air environment over enclosures containing loading chambers. Most stadium and concert systems use horn designs.

The question I have about this box is how is the air supposed to flow freely with all those acute angles? It contradicts all the boxes in this site with the 45 degree angles and rounded corners.
It's really the only way to fit the horn into the car. Bass horns are more for concerts or large venues. I'm not sure the horn would would even work properly in car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...