beat to death subject.. selecting an amp, please help.

ttt123

CarAudio.com Recruit
michigan
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and happy I finally found one.

So I am a late 40's guy who listens to everything from Christian, to country to old school rap from back in the day. I have put together a system in my Porsche and to be honest... I dropped the ball on a couple components to my set up in my opinion because I just don't understand this stuff anymore.

As of right now I have
4way planet audio(100X4) amp pushing DS18 6.5" doors and 4" rear components.
bridged crunch 2000 watt amp pushing an American bass 12"
Pioneer head unit.. very happy with the radio.

That sub amp can barely move the 12" sub. My question would be is there a 5-way amp that could push that sub plus my component speakers?

Aslo any thoughts, ideas on how to get this all tuned in for the best sound? Those DS speakers are crazy loud but to get everything to blend with the right amount of crispness, loudness and bass.. kind of eluding my brain.

Thank you so much to anyone who chimes in, very appreciated.

Attachments

• barn car image.jpg
    barn car image.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 31
  • hh.jpg
    hh.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 36
  • hjkfk.jpg
    hjkfk.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 27
  • radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 25
The sub has this on the add

Elite 12" Woofer
1200 RMS
2400 Peak
Dual 4 ohm 3" voice coils
Double stacked 150 oz. magnet

The amp has this.
  • 2,000 watts mono bridged @ 4 ohms
  • 500 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms
  • 1,000 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms
  • 0 to 9 dB bass boost

In all honesty that crunch probably puts out 300 watts on the top end...you'd need something that legit does 1k for that sub...I don't know what you budget it so it's hard recommend anything

In all honesty that crunch probably puts out 300 watts on the top end...you'd need something that legit does 1k for that sub...I don't know what you budget it so it's hard recommend anything
I'm looking at Hifonics BG-2500 on amazon right now. I was thinking that amp is to small as well. but on top of that.. tuning this system in... :confused:

Was just talking to a fellow guy here at work. His suggestions was as follows

bigger sub amp which he suggested Hifonics if i didn't want to spend $1000. Match the 4-way amp to the sub amp(same brand), separate the DS 18's from the tweeters with some crossovers and put the DS18's on "full", tweets on "high" and then adjust the htz.. .. he lost me after this lol

thank you for chiming in and please if you have advice, I'm open to it. I'm un-ashamed to say I'm lacking in knowledge here.

Hifonics over rate the power on their amps...honestly I'd look at something like a CT sounds or nvx both make about rated and around the same price as the hifonics

You'll need to look at amps that do 1000-1500 watts @2ohm though for you sub

Last edited:
Hifonics over rate the power on their amps...honestly I'd look at something like a CT sounds or nvx both make about rated and around the same price as the hifonics

You'll need to look at amps that do 1000-1500 watts @2ohm though for you sub
nice!! thank you for that. I will check them out.

So this guy I work with who is knowledgeable (more then I) went out to the car just now on our lunch and made some adjustments on the set up.. sounds a lot better but again.. he said the same thing.. very underpowered and for the space he said a sealed box was a must.

He put his hands over the ports in my speaker box.. night and day, wow.

So sealed box, install the crossovers and stronger amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ttt123

CarAudio.com Recruit
ttt123
michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views