The old clarion that could

Participant count
  • Participant list

JoeK
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ringtown, PA
{skip to bottom if you hate reading}

My old clarion SW-1251 from 2009 finally died today (wall socket D:). We decided to end the misery in a half-blown SVC clarion by putting it on my SK-1500.1

It lasted + it did not die. It was rated for 250W rms and we hooked it on the SK @ 4ohms which i believe is rated at 500.

Smelled coil but it kept playing. Eventually we decided to just place it on the wall socket. It lasted 25 seconds before the tinsels exploded

Anywho, could @SPLaudio ; or @hispls ; make this into a beast? It's only a 2" coil motor but id be interested to see what we could do

What i dont get is how **** long this thing held up. My buddies Infinity SVC 4 ohm ten survived on a DC 3.5k full tilt for hours. Clarion survived my amp(albeit 4ohms) and here i am thinking my Fi will blow up -.-

Looks like entry level subs know when you try to kill them and just laugh at you while you try

[quote name='JoeK']{skip to bottom if you hate reading}

My old clarion SW-1251 from 2009 finally died today (wall socket D:). We decided to end the misery in a half-blown SVC clarion by putting it on my SK-1500.1

It lasted + it did not die. It was rated for 250W rms and we hooked it on the SK @ 4ohms which i believe is rated at 500.

Smelled coil but it kept playing. Eventually we decided to just place it on the wall socket. It lasted 25 seconds before the tinsels exploded

Anywho, could @SPLaudio ; or @hispls ; make this into a beast? It's only a 2" coil motor but id be interested to see what we could do[/QUOTE]

2" coil is going to hurt you. Probably best to put that one on a shelf and do something different. Sounds like it was a good sub for a long time for you, it will be missed :)

i hate to say but i doubt i have a coil for it because its a 2" svc its probley a really tight gap. give me measurment of top plate id and pole od and i will tell ya...

It would have to be an awesome woofer to be worth the cost of recone.

Problem with 2" coil is they're not common, and then you have to source out spiders and cones necked out for 2".

Chances are anything worth reconing you can get parts for though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.