The Official Type R Thread

I just got my two older model 12" Type Rs, I replaced my 10" CVR and dropped in the 12" in my qlogic custom crapbox(yeah my box is adjustable) and holy shittttttttt. Huge difference. They were both powered with 325 watts rms.

Alot of mixed opinions on here as most people recommend GO PORTED GO PORTED!, but sometimes the just don't realize that some people just don't want to go ported as it takes up more space and you lose SQ.I built my 10" R with alpine specs and all I good say is it sounds amazing.. people on this forum to do it that way as other said it will be crap, ( but they recommend ported) I also asked on other forums and they said it was no problem
TYPE R's dont lose SQ ported......sorry, unless your build quality in the box is off.

Alot of mixed opinions on here as most people recommend GO PORTED GO PORTED!, but sometimes the just don't realize that some people just don't want to go ported as it takes up more space and you lose SQ.I built my 10" R with alpine specs and all I good say is it sounds amazing.. people on this forum to do it that way as other said it will be crap, ( but they recommend ported) I also asked on other forums and they said it was no problem
TYPE R's dont lose SQ ported......sorry, unless your build quality in the box is off.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I just installed 1 swr-1242d wired at 2ohms in a ported box giving it about 750 rms and although the sq is fine It doesnt pound that much. Do they get way louder once their broken in ?? the size of the box is 1.2 sq ft

i have a friend who works at best buy and he can get me a 10" type r for $94. should i buy this? is it worth the money? i will run it off of a kicker kx1200.1. i have a l7 but i am going to sell it soon and i want something to use for a while until i get something new. should i buy it?

hey does anybody know if my p12d4 from orion might beat a alpine type R im goin to be runin about 700watts rms to it (a lil high though the sub is 500rms) and have it in a 1.3 cu. ft. ported box set at 40hz thx:veryhapp:

hey does anybody know if my p12d4 from orion might beat a alpine type R im goin to be runin about 700watts rms to it (a lil high though the sub is 500rms) and have it in a 1.3 cu. ft. ported box set at 40hz thx:veryhapp:
no one knows its all in the box READ!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.