The Official Type R Thread

Who had that profile picture of that hot ass girl laying on the ground in front of the TV??? I saw it on a website today, and now i want to remember the website's name, but I cant, SO......who had it...~!

which would be better 2 type r's as 1500w each with a 1900w amp? or one 15 type r at 2000w with a 1900w amp? and what box would be good sealed or ported? im not looking for quailty just the punch in the chest bass
dont get the type R then, get something thats not superior to SQ...just my OPINOIN

If I were to put two type-r 12" @4ohm in a ported box, what amp setup would be best? I'd assume two mono amps would be best but if theirs a powerful two channel amp that might be even better but what do I know i'm new to it heh. Lastly, would a 15" be more efficient then dual 12's? It takes more rms power but I'm definitely not going to go by that.

I saw a guy one night that had 2 type R 12"s in a ported box powered by 2 MRD-M1001 mono amps. Im not exactly sure of the ohm and all that, but it was pretty much the hardest hitting car ive ever sat in in my life, bout made me sick, and it was clean and crisp sound to. His setup is what made me get the setup I have, except im only running 1 MRD-M1001 instead of 2. His box was the exact same as the box i have also. I would go for the 2 12's in the ported box with the 2 mono amps for the best sound and hardest punch. The 15 is going to be a bit louder because it will be more efficient, but i dont think it will be as smooth and crisp as the 2 12's. I guess its just loudness on the low tones with the 15 verses Harder hitting, crisper bass with the 12's. I have a friend with the 15 running off of a an old punch 1000, and it pounds pretty hard, but again, its not nearly as clean, just obnoxious. Hope some of that helped, if not, well ill try harder next time.

How will the performance of a sub differ at 2ohms than at 4ohms in the way of stability anyway i've been wondering that. How does that differ from the M1005 it's around a 250$ price difference or so but the statistics look pretty similar. I've been leaning towards x2 12" as opposed to a 15" but thanks you helped just fine lol

im almost finished with my 15 box 3.6 cubes bet tuned to 33 hz after all displacement, hope fully i can get my amp soon, its all in my sig. O and 2 12's should be louder in the right enclosure than a 15 due to cone area. imo

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif sorry if i ruined ur question but umm.... i was wondering. i just bought an orion p12d4 i just made a 1.5cu.ft box for it set to around 32hz ported, with an audiobahn a8000t amp........my freind has 2 12''dvc type R's. in a 2.25cu.ft box sealed. with a no name brand amp (diesel) pushing around 400watts per sub.could i get any wheres near comparing to him at all like 0.6x as good as his system, or higher possibly in spl wise?????

just finished building a 2.15cf (after displacement) tuned @ 33htz with about 30.8 square inches of port for my 05 12" type R.

it sounds good but would you guys recommend a better setup?

i listen to all types of music but bass out when i have some hip hop or rap on.

Well Big-Cat, Never know, Ive seen Chee-Pass systems outbump some really high end stuff, just depends if the person building it and tuning it knows what their doing, not saying your stuff is cheap.

Finally broke 147 SPL today, Hit 149 on some old Rage Against The Machine. If i ever listened to some rap i might break 150, but im not putin that junk (opinion) through my speakers.

Define Bass Out? Are your lower tones cutting off? Not hitting the lower Freqs?
sorry.. i meant when i turn the volume up really high when i listen to hip hop or rap.

rock and other music usually gets listened to at moderate levels.

basically just asking if the box i built is has decent specs. building boxes is nothing for me. if you guys recommend some better dimentions or paramaters i can build something else.

this sub is getting about 650w rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.