The Official Type R Thread

alrite well let me re-phrase then...by loud...i dont mean YOUR KIND of loud...i mean it should be loud enough to compinsate for the mids and highs...because...once again i am going for SQ...so i just need it to hit hard enough to impress teh judges...ya no?...and do u really think i should go w a stronger amp...i mean the R's are 500 rms...so i think that should be pleanty...especially with an adjustable bass boost, because on my friends system he had a Type R and he HARDLY EVER had the bass boost above 1...adn i thnk he was pushin like 450 thru his

alrite well let me re-phrase then...by loud...i dont mean YOUR KIND of loud...i mean it should be loud enough to compinsate for the mids and highs...because...once again i am going for SQ...so i just need it to hit hard enough to impress teh judges...ya no?...and do u really think i should go w a stronger amp...i mean the R's are 500 rms...so i think that should be pleanty...especially with an adjustable bass boost, because on my friends system he had a Type R and he HARDLY EVER had the bass boost above 1...adn i thnk he was pushin like 450 thru his
read through the thread - lol.

If you DO go sealed... go with at *least* 1.5 cubes per 12. The R's only work well in a biggy sealed box... but at that point, slap a port on that thing and gain 4-5 db //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok so im getting 2 rs and running them at 1ohm for about 1200w total.

im planning on doing a ported enclosure and used winISD to figure out my box specs, but i want to know if this sounds right(this is my first time actually building my enclosure)

im tuning the box to 34hz(for daily driving and for showing off at 40hz, does this sound good)

14x28x23.2 in for about 5.3ft^3

the port is going to be 14x3.67in with a 17.28in length

does this sound about right? this is my first box so i want to make sure im going about this right

Ok, sorry to do it guys, but I'll ask another of the same question asked by almost everyone else.

I am planning on doing an install with a 12" type-r in a 2.6cuft (including port displacement) with a 3.5" X 14" slot port tuned to 32hz with 700-800w RMS.

How would the alpine handle that setup, will there be good low response?

Ok, sorry to do it guys, but I'll ask another of the same question asked by almost everyone else.
I am planning on doing an install with a 12" type-r in a 2.6cuft (including port displacement) with a 3.5" X 14" slot port tuned to 32hz with 700-800w RMS.

How would the alpine handle that setup, will there be good low response?
That's pretty close to my setup right now. One R in 2.5 after displacement. Should be tuned at about 28hz. And with just under 1000 watts rms it shakes the headliner of the car pretty violently at 28hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.