The Official Type R Thread

So much for the forum boner! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif
Sorry to hear, but maybe you were just expecting too much out of the woofer? I really don't care what the hype says, there are limits to a $100 woofer. Sure, it's well built, but there are compromises in that design for the sake of cost. The high power you sent to it along with the lesser excursion of 50hz (less airflow?) could have overloaded it.
Lesser at 50hz? nah, its gonna move much farther, your getting way away from tuning. It would move less at 50hz if it was tuned to 50hz than at 30hz tuned to 30hz... though. But thats not the situation here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The subs had to be seeing nasty nasty clipping... they don't do clipping very well, from past experience.

Lets not mention all the noobs that come on here and say "i only had 200 watts to my MT and IT BLEW UP!!!". Amps don't smoke subs, the person using the amp smokes subs.

btw i'd like to add a story of me blowing a type R....

I ran a type R 12 off a viper 2500d for a few weeks no problem... we are talkin alot of full tilt music, and one time doing a full tilt burp and holding it for 20 seconds. Played great. Same sub held up to an autotek mm4000 - smoked after I botched a burp and played 50hz with the ports plugged (MUCH more excursion and that was that).

Ran my other R on a pair of memphis 1000d's a week or so after that. In *initial* testing I smoked the woof. Why? Because the amps weren't as loud as I thought they would be and I kept crankin up the volume too high, clipping the shyte out of the woof. It smoked easily on that setup.

The R relies heavy on its cooling system to work... hell, it only has a 2" coil!?!? Once you screw up the cooling operation, it handles about as much as a typical 2" coil... which isn't much.

wow ive had mine for 3mo w/o any problems, youve had yours for a day and already blew it, i dont think your gains were set correctly either that or like dlvryboy said you played notes/a song that was below tuning w/o ssf on properly
So you CAN blow a sub w/o an ssf? Or is that only if you're going to be bringing the sub over it's rated power?

you can blow a sub easyer underpowering it than over powering it still possible either way

but underpowering is definetly the worst

you can blow a sub easyer underpowering it than over powering it still possible either waybut underpowering is definetly the worst
highly untrue, so your saying if some idiot decided to put a 6,000W amp on a sub it will be worse if he puts 25W on a sub, i dont think so....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif and yes there is a such thing as a 10,000 amp...(cough) JBL....

I think every last one of us should contact snova's local authorities.

Ive never seen any newb say they blew their MT with a 200 watt amp. Where is he? Lets throw rocks.

This one guy's experience with the sub could mean anything, or nothing.

That stupid underpowering a speaker theory is not even worth laughing at anymore. It makes me weary, so very weary.

Blue Doritos would be cool.

I think every last one of us should contact snova's local authorities.
Ive never seen any newb say they blew their MT with a 200 watt amp. Where is he? Lets throw rocks.

This one guy's experience with the sub could mean anything, or nothing.

That stupid underpowering a speaker theory is not even worth laughing at anymore. It makes me weary, so very weary.

Blue Doritos would be cool.
They have blue tostitos.

Bout time i see some type R pwnage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.