The Official Type R Thread

Also the pics of that burnt up coil... That could also be from when I pulled it apart in a fit of rage! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

that sub was not over powered, it bottomed out. the former slammed into the back plate(more than once).
the usual culprit is playing notes(music) below tuning with high power.
Oh because people were putting those woofers in 4cf boxes and they didn't have a problem with bottoming out.

Guess you're right, it was playing notes too low.

Maybe I will give the Type X a shot, handles more power, and heard great reviews.

I still think this WAS the best sounding sub ive ever heard.

Oh because people were putting those woofers in 4cf boxes and they didn't have a problem with bottoming out.Guess you're right, it was playing notes too low.
they were playin' tones at or right above tuning. it would take a hell of alot power wise to make that sub move more than 1.5" like that.

that sub was not over powered, it bottomed out. the former slammed into the back plate(more than once).
the usual culprit is playing notes(music) below tuning with high power.
At the time of the incident, I was not listening to anything with lower notes than I had been for the past 2 days...

I did have it cranked, but it was not low bass, nothing like what I usually listen to.

At the time of the incident, I was not listening to anything with lower notes than I had been for the past 2 days...
I did have it cranked, but it was not low bass, nothing like what I usually listen to.
odd, was the former smashed like that when you removed it?

wow ive had mine for 3mo w/o any problems, youve had yours for a day and already blew it, i dont think your gains were set correctly either that or like dlvryboy said you played notes/a song that was below tuning w/o ssf on properly

sweet dude im just getting one of those
You wont be disappointed...

The only reason I can think of is that I had the gains a little high... but one might think that this would have happened long before it did if that was the case.

I listened to the heaviest bass songs I know of all today, and most of last night...

So for it to go on a song that it did is beyond me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.