The do's and dont''s of my first wall....it seems like something isn't right....

There's no more gaps lol. It's all sealed up now, I'll take a picture of what I have done so far. It looks completely different than the last pictures I posted. Well f uck $250 Is kinda steep. I'm hoping it's not that much at the place I found. Someone was saying that they got there taramps fixed for around $100.....So we will see...I'm about to call the guy here in a minute and hopefully he'll be able to give me a price quote once I explain the problem to him. And I was using my oscope because that's the best way to set your gains. And I wanted to make sure I set them right the first time so I didn't fry the coils. Because I don't like adjusting by ear. I can do it. But I figured I might as well do it right since I have the tools on hand you know? I'm actually kinda glad I don't have a korean lol. Because $500 is rediculous for a repair.
Well mine is a 15k and your repair may be cheaper ?

Go ahead and check each battery one by one.
You could of easily had a bad battery causing damage.

Also in the amp dont look for burnt marks, look for swollen caps and broken circuit lines on motherboard or even broken connectors to caps and inputs and outputs.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
He said he slagged his amp by shorting out a speaker out to the amp chasis. That's not the fault of his batteries, though I like to take mine all in for load testing once a year to keep tabs on things.

Plenty of stuff can be blown in an amp and not look physically damaged, the fact that you didn't burn any holes in the board is encouraging though.

He said he slagged his amp by shorting out a speaker out to the amp chasis. That's not the fault of his batteries, though I like to take mine all in for load testing once a year to keep tabs on things.
Plenty of stuff can be blown in an amp and not look physically damaged, the fact that you didn't burn any holes in the board is encouraging though.
I suggested to check batteries as running a bad amp can really run batteries down.

As far as the amp part i missed that post.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Lol.....yeah when i hooked it up yesterday it was making a high pitched ringing noise and it was showing 9.9 volts...the guy at mega repair didnt answer me through facebook so I'm going to call him and see if he answers.

Lol.....yeah when i hooked it up yesterday it was making a high pitched ringing noise and it was showing 9.9 volts...the guy at mega repair didnt answer me through facebook so I'm going to call him and see if he answers.

If ANYTHING ever goes weird with your amp it is best to unhook it immediately. IF you really must test it, put like a 5A fuse on it before you do (not a bad practice with testing any amp really), but really you're risking turning a possibly minor repair into a much larger one as your original problem causes more things to fail.

Yes and that is why i decided to leave it unhooked lol....your absolutely right. I know from first hand experience lol....have any of you had stupid shiit like this happen before? I'm still extremely pissed off....it took a split second for it to happen.....it's so depressing

Yes and that is why i decided to leave it unhooked lol....your absolutely right. I know from first hand experience lol....have any of you had stupid shiit like this happen before? I'm still extremely pissed off....it took a split second for it to happen.....it's so depressing
Ya its a tough lesson to learn but I bet you learn it good lol ? I use a jumper for o scope but I made mine long enough to set it in the front seat so I can keep an eye on signal when I first set it up. I also made pos + lead shorter than - lead so no way they can touch each other and a rubber boot over poss + lead end so when I clip oscope lead on it i pull it over so if I drop it , it wont ground on anything. I know that tip would have been better before you did this but maybe you put it to good use next time ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.