The do's and dont''s of my first wall....it seems like something isn't right....

Same was said about my wall lol.
Anyway op, what type of wood did you use as that seems like normal cheap wood?

The wood type can make a difference and how it is sealed within the actual box.

My issue was i didnt apply enough force on the wood on the roof part that it caused wood slap in between the layers.

Next wall if i make one will be difference

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
That thing SUGGED ! lol JK

[quote name='ferguson621']Lol that's what I was thinking.....didn't know if papermaker was just joking or being serious. An update...I got the second layer done so far. I will post pictures tomorrow of my progress incase any of you care to see the outcome. I guess I could start a build log lol. Anyways thank you all so far for your help and references. I truly appreciate it! And also thank you for not being ******** either haha. Much appreciated![/QUOTE]

The 2nd layer is no where near as important as SEALING OFF THE WALLL thats priority #1 and should soley be your purpose in life right now if you expect any i mean ANY results. 2nd layer of wall is not gonna fix the fked up acoustics you are having right now with no seal.

alll your output and not hitting lows issues is PURELY from not sealing your wall off. YES it has that effect. All other factors are ants compared to that big @ss elephant in the room issue. You think it looks sealed off right now but its NOT. not even a single peep of air can go back there to the hatch.

Afterwards try plugging up one port and see what results you get. THEN do extra layers and bracing aka shrinking your wall a bit to see how it reacts. I'd say going down to one port should not affect output too much but should get a lot more lows.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Backwoods ghetto install with a huger box or wall??!!

Totally diggin' the diff pieces of wood too.

I say start from scratch. Get with @CSCStang if you need a good design.[/QUOTE]

lol someone didnt read the thread HAHAHAHAA

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so i finally found an engine for my car and just finished doing my motor swap because i blew a hole in one of the pistons so i wasnt able to test anything till now because i dont like to run my amp on 12v.....so anyways csc_stang hooked me up with a design! And i most definitely appreciate your kindness in helping me! Thank you again....I'll include pictures also for a visual....but the subs seem like they either dont like being tuned to 30hz....it could just be me because ive never tuned below 35hz....but they don't really hit the lows that good, ive tried playing a few songs that were like 26-32hz and they didn't sound good at all, and when they hit from 40hz on up you can really feel it, but it also sounds like the wood is slapping together really hard or it could be my sunroof or back glass....i havent been able to get out and look because i live in a small town and the cops love to mess with me because they have nothing else better to do. So i need some pointers on what i should do for better bracing and what i should do about the tuning.....because they're recommended tuning is 32hz

Whats the plumbing coming out of the bottom of the box ? Water cooled Subs ?

The 2nd layer is no where near as important as SEALING OFF THE WALLL thats priority #1 and should soley be your purpose in life right now if you expect any i mean ANY results. 2nd layer of wall is not gonna fix the fked up acoustics you are having right now with no seal.
alll your output and not hitting lows issues is PURELY from not sealing your wall off. YES it has that effect. All other factors are ants compared to that big @ss elephant in the room issue. You think it looks sealed off right now but its NOT. not even a single peep of air can go back there to the hatch.

Afterwards try plugging up one port and see what results you get. THEN do extra layers.

lol someone didnt read the thread HAHAHAHAA
Ok I fail....read some more and I must say, it's already been said. Redo.

Ya pretty crazy ! But its probably his first project so I will go easy on him. But I gotta ask whats the pile of 2x4 all glued to the side for ?
Bracing lol

Prob trying to fill the "voids". Wow and here I am getting **** because I didn't read. I think that question was asked on 1st page.

Thats a flat out lie. Hes a ******* I said I fiberglass the inner door skin and put deadner or the fiberglass. I would respect him but he's a weasel
Actually you said you put deadner on the glass, I read it a couple times and figured out what meant though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.