The do's and dont''s of my first wall....it seems like something isn't right....

Really? Im actually suprised. Everytime i use plywood it feels like it splinters and breaks very easily.
11 layer sanded ply is WAAAAY stronger than mdf. mdf is the bottom of the food chain in terms of strength. You've probably been using garbage plywood. this video proves you completely wrong.

thats the exact Bullsh*t (regurgitated from older car audio guys that took half @ssed tests waaay out of proportion) that caused people to toss plywood aside for years when its a perfectly good wood (superior wood). The actual amount of resonance is d*mn near zero and indistinguishable with proper bracing. this is utter and complete misinformation.

In the competition scene you hardly see people do mdf anymore, no strength, too heavy, less results due to weight constraints.

I really like the way you did your wall hispls....to me it looks really good. I didn't even think about putting 2x4's in the back like that....I'm going to do that for sure. And i would prefer to keep all three because i want more cone area. And I've never had three 18's before and my goal is to do atleast 150 on music....i assume that's very likely with my setup now. Well after i redo my wall that is. And yes my subs seem like they're bottoming out on the low notes....they dont hit very hard and they sound kinda hollowed out.

Lol that's what I was thinking.....didn't know if papermaker was just joking or being serious. An update...I got the second layer done so far. I will post pictures tomorrow of my progress incase any of you care to see the outcome. I guess I could start a build log lol. Anyways thank you all so far for your help and references. I truly appreciate it! And also thank you for not being ******** either haha. Much appreciated!

Lol that's what I was thinking.....didn't know if papermaker was just joking or being serious. An update...I got the second layer done so far. I will post pictures tomorrow of my progress incase any of you care to see the outcome. I guess I could start a build log lol. Anyways thank you all so far for your help and references. I truly appreciate it! And also thank you for not being ******** either haha. Much appreciated!
Damn bro. Getting with it with the quickness.

Which papermaker quote?

And I was still louder then you:crap:, ...
I just seen paper maker say in another thread a dude with 2 18s and taramps 15k should be doing 162db... lmao... papermaker has NOoooo idea what it takes to do a 162db... my fvcking head almost exploded when he said that.
Have you visited CACO recently? Someone in T-Fade's thread the 150 dollar sub challenge someone hit 161.5 on a single 10.

Backwoods ghetto install with a huger box or wall??!!

Totally diggin' the diff pieces of wood too.

I say start from scratch. Get with @CSCStang if you need a good design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.