The $500 dollar 4 15's build

Great build! I was wondering, how do you have your subs wired to each amp since they are D2ohm? 4ohm final with the amps strapped?
each amp is seeing a final 1 ohm load.

still waiting on new vids
they will be a while. been real busy just got married 2 weeks ago so ya.... lol

how much did you pay for those subs
300 for all of them! zomg

I like seeing builds in ZJs. I've had a problem with mine... It seems like with every sub stage I try, I can't get them to play the lows. I don't know if 600 watts isn't enough power (when I had the amp in my car, my subs played fairly low), or if the Jeep has a high resonant frequency. Anyway, awesome work on that.

I like seeing builds in ZJs. I've had a problem with mine... It seems like with every sub stage I try, I can't get them to play the lows. I don't know if 600 watts isn't enough power (when I had the amp in my car, my subs played fairly low), or if the Jeep has a high resonant frequency. Anyway, awesome work on that.
I had that issue also. The box in there now will do a 151 @ 36hz and a 143 @ 28hz. IT does quite well on the lows. I have found that bigger boxes usually do the trick. I had a 12" RE MT in a 4 cube box tuned to 32hz and it got down extremely low. Made my steering wheel shake like crazy.

I would have gone bigger, but the max size for a 15" Type R is 2.5 cubes sealed. That's what I'm at right now. I guess I could add some polyfill to see if that helps any.

I would have gone bigger, but the max size for a 15" Type R is 2.5 cubes sealed. That's what I'm at right now. I guess I could add some polyfill to see if that helps any.
going sealed is probably your problem lol

going sealed is probably your problem lol
I had lower tuned ported boxes in there as well and it seems like nothing will do it. The sealed has provided the best overall tonality so far. I like it the best for my normal listening habits. It has the best frequency response out of any of my boxes so far too.

I had lower tuned ported boxes in there as well and it seems like nothing will do it. The sealed has provided the best overall tonality so far. I like it the best for my normal listening habits. It has the best frequency response out of any of my boxes so far too.
5 cubes tuned to 28hz with 70 sq. inches of port would be great for that sub and that jeep

I'll take that into consideration if I ever choose to switch boxes again. I don't know if keeping the back seats and the spare tire (possibly going to be a 31" tire in the future) would work well with that though...

I do appreciate that input though.

I'll take that into consideration if I ever choose to switch boxes again. I don't know if keeping the back seats and the spare tire (possibly going to be a 31" tire in the future) would work well with that though...
I do appreciate that input though.
screw spare tires! You have friends and a cell phone right? They can just bring you a tire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.