Testing Sundown's new z15"s

cool, althought many correctly built amps DO hepl absorbe back EMF theres only so much it can absorb(owner of lunar amplifiers say LE isn't revelant but i know better) for any high powered application with larger 2.5 and 3" coils the faradayrings help high frequency extention and blending with the midbass.. it brings the soundstage forward a good deal when installed properly... most people claim xover @60 on midbass sounds alot better but frankly the like of output in the midbass vs the woofers is what REALLY bings the soundstage rearward, not the crossover point... when the output is matched with the woofers from the midbass it really sound much more "upfront" this is the biggest reason i don't praise the w7 ID max and alot of other "SQ woofers".. may i mention i heard the mag v2s and they where excellent all around woofers... anyways thanks for bringing a good, solid fair priced product to the market..
Matching output levels is certainly an important aspect of blending subs and midbass together to achieve up-front bass, but you should not discount the xover setting. 60hz is generally where people first start hearing bass become localized. Exactly where and how well depends on each person individually.
My three big issues I tell people to address when trying to improve up-front bass are: blending output properly, xover settings (generally the lower the better between subs and midbass)... including slope, and isolating/removing any resonance points in the rear of the vehicle (such as rattling interior panels) that due to their resonant frequency and intensity tend to draw attention rearward. Understand and work on those 3 points, and you'll be way ahead of most other people in terms of up-front bass.

I am enjoying my pair of Z15s daily //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Until Brandon gets to building me two more Nightshades I'll be running these.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.