Confused about Type R?

Bass911
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas,TX
I'm going with a sealed setup. Alpine recommends 1.0cu/ft sealed, but that seems too small. Will the R perform in 1 cube? I'm going to be running 2 Type R 12's in common chamber sealed. Will they get pushed pretty good with a BXi1208d? All I care about is efficiency mostly. That is why I'm considering P3's or RSDc's off this same amp because I think they will get pushed harder than the R's? I don't want get a bigger amp so lets stick to what this Hifonics can do. Most on here are recommending at least 800 rms for the R's. I expect at least 1000 rms @ 1ohm with the Hifonics, and people say they are nothing special with 500 watts. Is this true and should I choose the others over the R's?

I tried a type r in sealed lately as a 1 day temp setup... wow i was so inmpressed. box was 1.3

do yourselft a favor port them, no use at ALL in sealed

if u feel sealed gives tighter bass than ported then u have not heard a properly built ported enclosure which still give u the punchiness u desire

sealed type R vs. ported type R = 4db difference in my own experience. and that wasnt a custom ported box, it was pre-fab.

If your looking for SQ, then Type R is not what you want anyways.

This is about saving trunk space in another car. I'm running about 9.5cu/ft in my Suv. I know ported is louder. So I guess I won't be getting the R's. Xprime how mant watts did you run on the 1.3 sealed? I'm pretty sure the P3 or the RSDc is a lot less power hungry than the R. Any comments on the P3 vs. RSDc sealed? I asked this question because there are some reviews out there saying their R is loud on 400-500 rms, and that you don't need 750-1000 rms. I just need something that's a little above a CVR. I can't really find that many reviews on the Phoenix Gold RSDc?

This is about saving trunk space in another car. I'm running about 9.5cu/ft in my Suv. I know ported is louder. So I guess I won't be getting the R's. Xprime how mant watts did you run on the 1.3 sealed? I'm pretty sure the P3 or the RSDc is a lot less power hungry than the R. Any comments on the P3 vs. RSDc sealed? I asked this question because there are some reviews out there saying their R is loud on 400-500 rms, and that you don't need 750-1000 rms. I just need something that's a little above a CVR. I can't really find that many reviews on the Phoenix Gold RSDc?
there is a member on here that has 2, ported tuned real low. on about 1200w i believe. He's pushing them hard, but they've held up. cant remember his screen name though. i think he's the one that has a pic of a shelby cobra in his avatar.

If you're wanting sealed, go with a more sq oriented sub. Maybe some IDQ's or the like...Not that you can't run R's, or really any other sup sealed for that matter, you just won't get all that they are. If that makes sense.

Rsdcs for sure.. They will perform great sealed.. Much better than anything you have mentioned in this post..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.