T-Line for 15 Fi BL

Participant count
  • Participant list

matt_martin87
10+ year member

OG
One of my buddies came to me asking me if I could design him a T-line box for his Fi BL. I took a look at the T/S parameters and decided I would take on his challenge. This is my first transmission line and figured I'd post up the design for the critics to judge before we go ahead with the build.

I followed the Steve Meade Designs formula for this design. I used the Sd of the BL for my port area. The final result was a port area of 123.75 sqin. Fs of the sub is 33.6hz. I found the quarter wave length to be 8.38 feet long.

A few things that I'm not quite sure of are sub and port position. This box is getting stuffed into an Isuzu Rodeo. The only realistic way for my design to work was to place the sub on top and have the port exit the side at the bottom. I've read that it isn't optimal to have the sub move directly with the line so that's why it's positioned where it is.

Not shown is a double baffle. I'm almost positive this will be necessary to eliminate flex. Which brings me to my next question. Should I use wooden dowels as bracing inside the port or will it be fine as is?

3dtline15fibl75inwideport165intallport336hzfs.jpg

DimsofTline.jpg

Thoughts and opinions are always welcome.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.