System Questions

Participant count
  • Participants list

Nico2Wavy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Im fixing up my suburban and its about to be finished soon. I want to put a complete system in there, ima put 2 15’s with a 6.5/tweeter on each door. Ive been told that alpine and fosgate are the best combo but others have said brands like taramps and skar are the way to go. I already have an alpine 175bt HU and idk what else ima put in. I want to be heard blocks away and have good SQ. Can someone give me suggestions on what would sound amazing and loud. im trying to be on a $2000 budget AT MAX. I dont wanna go bankrupt

Im fixing up my suburban and its about to be finished soon. I want to put a complete system in there, ima put 2 15’s with a 6.5/tweeter on each door. Ive been told that alpine and fosgate are the best combo but others have said brands like taramps and skar are the way to go. I already have an alpine 175bt HU and idk what else ima put in. I want to be heard blocks away and have good SQ. Can someone give me suggestions on what would sound amazing and loud. im trying to be on a $2000 budget AT MAX. I dont wanna go bankrupt

I wouldn't say any perfect combo exists out there, since good brands are good independent of what they're paired with. Taramps is probably what you want to go with for amps if you want to be heard blocks away for not an insane amount of money. It depends on how much power you want to go with, but blocks away is probably going to require extra power that a stock car can't provide. You're looking at a high output alternator, big 3 wire upgrade, and an AGM battery at the minimum. In terms of where to source the subwoofers from, I'm not sure what to recommend you on that until you pick your power. I don't personally think Skar is the best for getting super loud, but it's greatly dependent on which product line your amp's wattage falls into.

That's not to say Fosgate aren't good, their power series are very good. In terms of price per performance though Taramps has them beat in most markets. SQ wise I'd say RF power and punch series are better, but it depends on the cost of all the other stuff that you'll definitely need.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say any perfect combo exists out there, since good brands are good independent of what they're paired with. Taramps is probably what you want to go with for amps if you want to be heard blocks away for not an insane amount of money. It depends on how much power you want to go with, but blocks away is probably going to require extra power that a stock car can't provide. You're looking at a high output alternator, big 3 wire upgrade, and an AGM battery at the minimum. In terms of where to source the subwoofers from, I'm not sure what to recommend you on that until you pick your power. I don't personally think Skar is the best for getting super loud, but it's greatly dependent on which product line your amp's wattage falls into.

That's not to say Fosgate aren't good, their power series are very good. In terms of price per performance though Taramps has them beat in most markets. SQ wise I'd say RF power and punch series are better, but it depends on the cost of all the other stuff that you'll definitely need.
yea i was thinking of all that and the budget is not
including the alternator, battery, wires, and HU because i already have them, taramps amps ive heard are good but what subs would i run?

x2
If you're going to go with something like this for the amp

Other members have way varying ideas on which subwoofer brands are the best, I'd say pick a power and that will help narrow it down for everyone.

x2
If you're going to go with something like this for the amp

Other members have way varying ideas on which subwoofer brands are the best, I'd say pick a power and that will help narrow it down for everyone.
and this combo will be loud and sound good? cos tbh i dont really care about the spl like others

x2 if you're going to go with something like this for an amp

Nevermind, too expensive in hindsight.

That will not get nearly as loud, but I think the sound quality will be better. If it's in a ported enclosure it will get loud enough to shake your can of soda up, but not enough to hear around the block.

That will not get nearly as loud, but I think the sound quality will be better. If it's in a ported enclosure it will get loud enough to shake your can of soda up, but not enough to hear around the block.
lol tbh im jus looking for a setup that will cost less than $1k for 2 15’s and amp and be loud, those crescendos are nice but idk if i wanna spend $500 on 1 sub 😂any other picks?

lol tbh im jus looking for a setup that will cost less than $1k for 2 15’s and amp and be loud, those crescendos are nice but idk if i wanna spend $500 on 1 sub 😂any other picks?
cos i still need to buy a 4 channel and speakers and tweeters and that might cost a bit of money aswell

Are you okay in the price range of that power amp? Otherwise you're looking at taramps or something else not quite up to the SQ level of Rockford.

I currently run one of these with a prime series rockford 1200W.

Two of them would be quite nice, and the sq is very good, it'll just depend on your enclosure which someone more veteran in that area will have to help you on for matching. Or you could get a custom one made and the shop will help you pick it out.

Are you okay in the price range of that power amp? Otherwise you're looking at taramps or something else not quite up to the SQ level of Rockford.

Two of them would be quite nice, and the sq is very good, it'll just depend on your enclosure which someone more veteran in that area will have to help you on for matching. Or you could get a custom one made and the shop will help you pick it out.

i wouldnt get the power amp but i know a guy who was gonna sell it to me for $250 “brand new” but i know it wasnt, i think i will save up the money and buy the crescendo subs. are there maybe any other ones a lil bit cheaper ? or **** it save up and get those

i wouldnt get the power amp but i know a guy who was gonna sell it to me for $250 “brand new” but i know it wasnt, i think i will save up the money and buy the crescendo subs. are there maybe any other ones a lil bit cheaper ? or **** it save up and get those
My personal brand preferences on subs are Hertz, Crescendo, Cerwin Vega, and Focal, but I have limited experience compared to a lot of folks on here which have done SPL shows. I know you don't want SPL but it is relevant if they can handle their rated power. I think any of those 4 brands is going to give you good performance and SQ, but they also make you pay a premium for it. Other people have figured out niches in the market where one product performs like one that costs much more etc, but I haven't witnessed those subs yet with my own setups or those of my friends.

It's 3:50AM central right now, so I'd say give it a day and see if we can't get a few more opinions. I'm positive they'll be able to find cheaper but good subs that more than one person will agree on.

My personal brand preferences on subs are Hertz, Crescendo, Cerwin Vega, and Focal, but I have limited experience compared to a lot of folks on here which have done SPL shows. I know you don't want SPL but it is relevant if they can handle their rated power. I think any of those 4 brands is going to give you good performance and SQ, but they also make you pay a premium for it. Other people have figured out niches in the market where one product performs like one that costs much more etc, but I haven't witnessed those subs yet with my own setups or those of my friends.

It's 3:50AM central right now, so I'd say give it a day and see if we can't get a few more opinions. I'm positive they'll be able to find cheaper but good subs that more than one person will agree on.
well thanks for the help, i think ill dig into those crescendo subs in the morning, u pay for what u get, hopefully they big boy subs. have a good one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.