System advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

radagast

I created this account simply to get some advice on my sound system

First of all, i drive a 95 lincoln town car that i bought from my brother in law, with the sound system already in it so i'm not 100% sure of all the specs. (not like i cant check if this is some crazy, magic, super needed information). However, this is what i do know:

i have a 5 chan. 500W Kicker amp running my front/rear speakers and sub

speakers all around are Kicker 6" components (like i said, don't know specs)

sub is a 12" JL Audio (...again, don't know specs)

This is my problem. I've already blown 2 speakers. I plan on replacing them all (minus the sub) but i'm not sure A.)what wattage speakers to get and B.)what brand or type to get. This is where you guys come in. I listen to heavy metal. loud, dirty, heavily distorted, drop tuned, sludge metal. I'm thinking this is probably not very good on my speakers.... So what would be the best solution, that is speaker/wattage combo, to this problem? I would like to be able to crank my **** without worrying about blowing my speakers. Do i need to add/take away anything from my system? Any input you guys have would be most appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.