System Help...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Airman21
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ohio
Ok first off this is for a 2001 Mustang GT.. I want this to be as loud as I can get it off my budget and space limitation. I have done some research and the things I have picked out seem to be very good for a budget setup. I am not trying to do any audio shows or anything just want great sound. My Mach 460 stock system seems to be on it's last leg. I have limitid space. So I have to go with 8's please only give me suggestions on 8's. The rest is subject to change.

Here is what I was thinking so far.

Head Unit- - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB (budget $200ish)

Comps- - Massive Audio CK6 Stage 3 ( budget $200ish)

Subs- -2 8” Sundown SA8’s (budget under $400 for the sub/subs)

Comps Amp- ? need help... Would like my sub amp and comp amp to be around the $200ish/each area.. I would prefer them to be from the same company so they look the same or atleast close. My sub amp needs to be around 400-500 RMS or so per sub since they are rated at 400RMS. For my comps I was thinking about running around 125rms per side since they are rated upto 130rms.

Sub Box- 1.5-1.8 cubes @ 32-35hz

Play nice and give some good advice! Thanks for your time!

Just some subwoofer P@rn from the Bravada!

an aq 4x90 and 1200/2200 ,depending on the vc config and if you plan on ever going bigger, would set you up quite nicely on that.
Ok I will look into those.

The 8's I can get either DVC 2 or 4 ohm so I can pretty much do anything with those. As for the comps. they are 4ohm.

Ok which would get louder. Which would get lower. Which would sound the best? Out of these 3..

2 8" Sundown SA8's

2 8" Kicker L7's

2 8" DD 1508's

Go with the sa8 I ran one for a few months and loved it....just make sure u don't go over on the pwer with them depending on box size if u are gonna use 400 a piece then u can use a bigger box....if ur gonna go smaller then use more power...( this only goes for the sa8)

But for a budget system all looks good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.